UFC Vegas: Woodley vs Burns - May 30 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

This somehow escaped me but there’s a lot of stuff about Brok Weaver being involved in dog fighting. There was a video of his dog all bloody and screenshots of him bragging his dog won in messages. He’s given some long winded explanation and said he was joking but it sounds like bollocks to me just because why would you bother joking about it? Nobody’s laughing at this shit. 

95-BE3-CCA-8279-4-FFD-9980-30-ECE0-D5969

“We put them to the test”. 

Don’t know when this was but there’s stuff about it from around the time he made his UFC debut in February. I completely missed that. If it’s true then it’s my ‘one to watch’ for completely different reasons now and I hope he gets fucked up.

Saw this on Twitter just now as well. Can see this one getting ugly; 

90F5C63B-1413-4838-94E1-8E75F52E1CA9.jpeg

B90D81A5-9D59-499A-9850-6822594E43AB.jpeg

Shite trash talk on both sides but I’m definitely Team Roberts. 

Edited by wandshogun09

Aye.

And that's a good thing for viewers.

UFC operations staff knows it can put a 30ft cage in the Apex. The UFC prefers the smaller 25ft cage because they feel it creates more action. Fighters tend to like the 30ft cage because of the space. 25 ft cage came from WEC days and Joe Silva loved it. It’s just preference https://t.co/2CTNPM3TtS

— Big John McCarthy (@JohnMcCarthyMMA) May 26, 2020

• Paid Members

Those Roosevelt Roberts tweets aren’t him apparently. He’s said he’s not even on Twitter. Still hope he twats Weaver all over the place though.

The fake MMA Twitter accounts are generally shit but I enjoyed this;

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Ok got that one completely wrong. Burns shut him down. Way more one sided than I expected. Don’t know if it’s a case of Burns being even better than I thought or Woodley really is on the slide/too focused on other shit.

Either way this was a really strong performance from Gilbert Burns. And with Usman vs Masvidal seemingly dead for now, I wouldn’t be surprised if Burns sneaks in the back door and nabs the title shot. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Ok got that one completely wrong. Burns shut him down. Way more one sided than I expected. Don’t know if it’s a case of Burns being even better than I thought or Woodley really is on the slide/too focused on other shit.

Either way this was a really strong performance from Gilbert Burns. And with Usman vs Masvidal seemingly dead for now, I wouldn’t be surprised if Burns sneaks in the back door and nabs the title shot. 

Me too. Wasn't the greatest card of all time TBH. The main was enjoyable however. 

• Paid Members

Woodley is taking the loss well.

Maybe too well. Obviously it’s all still fresh but I’ve never heard him sound so comfortable with a loss. Crossed my mind watching the fight that with all the bad shit going on in America this week with the death of George Floyd, maybe that was also playing on Woodley’s mind. But in fairness, he’s not making excuses. I can see him fighting again but the way he’s talking it sounds like he might be thinking about wrapping the career up. Time comes for every fighter and, although I’ve never really warmed to him, he’s had a great run. 

• Moderators

Overall the card was better than I expected it to be. Some pretty solid fights overall.

Woodley looks like a guy who should retire to me. He seems to just resign himself to one gameplan, the big right hook, and if that doesn't work then just take the loss. He's not quitting, but he seems to be ok knowing that he's going to lose and isn't going to try and "rise up". I could give him the benefit of the doubt against Usman, maybe he was "off" for that, but again in this fight he knew he was losing the fight coming in to the championship rounds, his corner told him as much, but still never seemed to turn the corner and try and win it. If you showed someone the last round and asked them who was winning on points I imagine most people would say Woodley with the way he was engaging.

• Paid Members

Decent show. Agreed on Woodley, he looked like a man reluntantly going to work rather than someone who desperately wants the title back.

Notable mentions for 'The Ginger Alpha' who made a great impression and Roosevelt's tattoo(s) which are now hands down my favourite/the worst in MMA ....'Bout Money' baby. 

• Paid Members

the top end of 170 is ridiculous now, so many potential and worthy title challengers. 

Gilbert Burns is a beast. Beat Woodley everywhere, unafraid to engage, big power, wrestling chops and an elite BJJ game underneath it all. Burns may very well be the best of the bunch, i had a really good feeling about him going in but he exceeded my expectations. 

Think that's likely it for Woodley. He's fought conservatively for years and seemingly got by because of the threat posed by his right hand and his ability to keep the fight on his feet. Burns showed little respect for the right hand and even took Woodley down a few times. Amazing performance.