Shad Gaspard dead

Onyx2

• Paid Members

Absolutely awful news.

Always had a soft spot for Cryme Tyme. They were a great combo of little guy with loads of energy and big man to come in and do power moves. They would’ve been huge in NXT if they’d come around a few years later. Always loved that clip of him and MVP when Kofi won the title, too.

Didn’t Shad also stop an armed robbery once? Seems like a hell of a guy.

49 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Didn’t Shad also stop an armed robbery once? Seems like a hell of a guy.

Apparently so:

https://www.wwe.com/article/shad-gaspard-breaks-up-armed-robbery

Always loved the story in JTG's book about Shad calling Steph 'baby' when he bumped into her because he thought he was being friendly and charming. 

Not much to add other than how awful it is.

Cryme Tyme were a good act, shame there wasn't more teams at the time for them to play with, and breaking them up then doing nothing with either was a waste.

I agree about them doing well in nxt now as they were similar to Enzo and Cass, they're part of that weird mid 2000's crew that didnt get a second run.

• Paid Members

Not going to rewrite history about Cryme Tyme because it wasn't great but was always surprised a guy as big as Shad didn't get another go, especially when JTG was around for yonks after. Kept waiting for him to pop up again.

5 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Not going to rewrite history about Cryme Tyme because it wasn't great but was always surprised a guy as big as Shad didn't get another go, especially when JTG was around for yonks after. Kept waiting for him to pop up again.

They'd been doing indies together again since 2018-ish. Wouldn't surprise me if that was a realistic aim they were working towards. 

Since 2014 actually, although very occasionally.  There was a show in Orlando Mania weekend in 2017 where they wrestled the Headbangers which I really wanted to go, but it clashed with another show.

Anyway, no matter people's opinions on Cryme Tyme, I thought they were great and I popped like a maniac when they were surprise entrants in the SpringBreak Cluster last year.

This is such a sad death for obvious reasons, moreso than most due to the circumstances.

11 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

JTG wrote two booklets about this. Shad was constantly getting them into trouble with the locker room and making them pariahs.

I was hoping they’d come back when the brands split in 2016, especially when WWE brought back the Headbangers and Spirit Squad. 

Their dance with Regal that one year at (I think) SummerSlam was a highlight. Really enjoyed their match with Jerishow too.