Frankie Crisp

Lockdown Confessional

Nailing the strings directly to the body is better than using a Bigsby. I hate those things more than anything. Well, actually the one time we built a guitar with the Brian May bridge which was another level of faffing!

I'm watching the utterly soulless car crash Dolittle. It's reminded me at one point early on in lockdown I got incredibly drunk and emotional and with tears streaming down my face I declared to my wife 'I would fight to the death for Paddington bear!'

I should add that she thought it was hysterical and agreed.

Edited by DEF

5 hours ago, DEF said:

I'm watching the utterly soulless car crash Dolittle. It's reminded me at one point early on in lockdown I got incredibly drunk and emotional and with tears streaming down my face I declared to my wife 'I would fight to the death for Paddington bear!'

I should add that she thought it was hysterical and agreed.

Had you been watching the second movie by any chance? I popped it on during a flight a few years ago. The bit at the end with his aunt had me welling up to the point I had to pop off to the loo for a while to stop my wife or other passengers seeing a 30 year old man as an emotional wreak over that bear! 

2 hours ago, simonworden said:

Had you been watching the second movie by any chance? I popped it on during a flight a few years ago. The bit at the end with his aunt had me welling up to the point I had to pop off to the loo for a while to stop my wife or other passengers seeing a 30 year old man as an emotional wreak over that bear! 

I've seen it a fair few times and regard it as masterpiece. However the truth is on this particular occasion I was just thinking about Paddington 2 while incredibly inebriated. 

I adore both Paddington movies, just perfectly constructed fun stories with just the right amount of tongue in cheek. 

My brother is the only person I know who doesn't care for them, as he just doesn't get on with whimsy at all. He seems to pass that down to his daughter, as when she first watched Paddington 2, about half-way through she turned to him and said, "I don't think that the police would allow this".

14 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I adore both Paddington movies, just perfectly constructed fun stories with just the right amount of tongue in cheek. 

My brother is the only person I know who doesn't care for them, as he just doesn't get on with whimsy at all. He seems to pass that down to his daughter, as when she first watched Paddington 2, about half-way through she turned to him and said, "I don't think that the police would allow this".

Reminds me of my brother watching Kung Fury. After about 15 minutes, he goes "This is silly." 

On 5/18/2020 at 6:30 AM, King of Hamptons said:

I suggested to my Girlfriend who was missing me that we video call each other and watch a movie together, it's become a regular thing, we alternate who picks the film.. Most of her choices are shit though.. So I've taken to find out what film she wants to watch, read up about it and then pretend to watch it with her, then discuss it afterwords.. 

She still doesn't know..... 

1 hour ago, King Coconut said:

Probably V and Balboa. 

Think one of them was Balboa 😄.

The other will have been IV, I.e the best one, because she fancied Dolph Lundgren

Edited by WyattSheepMask