A stiff shot to the pills- A peurile MMA discussion

BrodyGraham

• Paid Members

Yeah the Overeem one was more fresh in the memory as I stumbled upon that again looking through DREAM fights for that Top 50 recently. Fucking hell though. It’s a good job Mirko was already a Dad by that point because his swimmers surely died in 2007-08 thanks to Kongo and Overeem. 

One of my favourites is from the 2nd match up between Royce Gracie and Hidehiko Yoshida. After the controversial end to their grappling match, Royce so distrustful of the Pride referees he even went as far as to do his own groin guard check by subtly punting Yoshida up the bollocks within the first 30 seconds.

z6RXiHa.jpg

• Paid Members

I watched that match live. Not great in terms of variation - it took the same progression each round - but I remember being impressed that Yoshida basically had Gracie in a weird combination of a figure-four leglock and a sharpshooter.

• Moderators

Nut shots in MMA have always made me laugh because, yes as much as it sucks to get hit in the nuts, here you have a couple people who will happily take punches, elbows, brutal submissions for 15 minutes but a hit to the nuts puts them down begging for mercy.

Myung Hyun-Man vs Aorigele - ROAD FC 39.

This one sticks in the memory just for the sheer sound of the hit. I don't know what Aorigele had down there trying to protect him but the cup/protector must have exploded.

It came within the first 10 seconds of the fight too. Skip a few minutes in and you'll get multiple camera shots of it too. 

12 minutes ago, Rule One said:

Myung Hyun-Man vs Aorigele - ROAD FC 39.

This one sticks in the memory just for the sheer sound of the hit. I don't know what Aorigele had down there trying to protect him but the cup/protector must have exploded.

It came within the first 10 seconds of the fight too. Skip a few minutes in and you'll get multiple camera shots of it too. 

That sounded like his cup was made of wood!

Fucking grim.