MMA Mount Rushmore

Jacko

Who would be on your MMA Mount Rushmore and why?

for me number one is

GSP: He was the man at 170 for years beating all his toughest tests convincingly, I remember thinking Alves would beat him all the way back at ufc 100 only for him to completely shut him down for every second.

number 2 for me is

Fedor: he was the undisputed best heavyweight for years in pride beating a who’s who even his latter day defeats don’t diminish his legacy.

number 3 for me is 

Randy couture: he was the original two weight ufc champion if I remember correctly and to come back after a few years off and still hang with the heaviest hitters in the world and win is incredible.

number 4 for me is 

Royce Gracie: don’t think I need to say much the man who really lit a match for MMA in the early days 

• Paid Members

“I just got hit in the face with a goddamn porkchop”.

I still say the episode where he finally got his comeuppance and got submitted by Efrain ranks among the most satisfying things I’ve ever seen in MMA. It’s not Lesnar vs Mir 2 but it’s up there. 

Just now, wandshogun09 said:

What about a TUF Mount Rushmore? Strangebrew, Wayne Weems, Andy Wang, Junie Browning, Titties, Big Baby, Luke Cummo. Spoilt for choice. 

And Ross "I'm a fookin' Gladiator me" Pointon.

Says everything about that show how the names we all remember (and I bet we could all rack off dozens more too) are all from the first ten seasons.

• Paid Members

I'd say Ken Shamrock should be on there too. He was probably the most well-known MMA fighter in the world at one point, and I daresay he was responsible for a lot of wrestling fans, both current and former, tuning into the UFC. Not to mention the fights with Ortiz.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Magnum Milano said:

And Ross "I'm a fookin' Gladiator me" Pointon.

Says everything about that show how the names we all remember (and I bet we could all rack off dozens more too) are all from the first ten seasons.

The first 10 are all great. You're right though, i associate all those guys with TUF. Nowadays i forget that top UFC fighters ever went the TUF route. Vicente Luque being the latest example of that, and i watched the season he was on😄