Sign in to follow this  
GeronimoJacksBeard

Petty Annoyances

When Bret Hart 'quit' Raw that time and stormed out through the crowd and he kept saying "World Wrestling Federation Championship belt". That promo would have been half as long if he'd just said "Title".

On 5/28/2020 at 10:33 AM, Roy said:

I have one. Retro-styled merchandise that uses photos that aren't anachronisms. For example:

Wrestlemania 12 Bret Hart & Shawn Michaels Wrestling Glossy Art ...

Neither the photo of Bret nor the photo of Michaels is from the time period in which the match took place (1996). 

That looks like Hart Foundation Bret. As in the tag team, not the stable. Maybe it's the glasses. 

17 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

That looks like Hart Foundation Bret. As in the tag team, not the stable. Maybe it's the glasses. 

He was wearing the circles shades way later than the tag team days, even into the WCW run.

28f7457306da4a5ef38f35943c32205e.jpg

Edited by Merzbow

I think he meant Hart Foundation 1997 Bret. The promo photo I think is from 1997. He largely stopped wearing the trademark shades when he went heel and used the circular ones instead. I don't recall him ever wearing any other shades in WCW, which suggests the copyrighted design was with WWF. 

Any references from WWE wrestlers/commentators along the lines of "putting food on my children's plates", "providing food for my family" etc, as if the wrestler in question is on some minimum wage breadline salary with no savings, and his kids will starve if he gets injured or something.

The fact WWE have about 50,000 performers under contract but are using recognisable faces as the 'crowd' at the moment, so that you keep seeing the likes of Chelsea Green & Malcolm Bivens - both recently introduced as heel characters on NXT - whooping & cheering for the babyfaces on Raw.

I turned off an AEW show recently due to a tag team match. I can't remember who was in it now though. The announce team kept talking about the "ten count on double teams" while the illegal man on one team just kept coming in the ring, in front of the referee, and doing double teams. What's the point of giving teams an extra five count to double team on tags if they can just do it during the match anyway? 

Also, given it's meant to be time to get out of the ring, everytime its mentioned a cynical voice in my head goes "fuck me their wrestlers must be slow if it takes them that long to get out of the ring." 

On 6/1/2020 at 8:42 PM, bbabba said:

Any references from WWE wrestlers/commentators along the lines of "putting food on my children's plates", "providing food for my family" etc, as if the wrestler in question is on some minimum wage breadline salary with no savings, and his kids will starve if he gets injured or something.

Yes! This is so cliched. It had legitimacy prior to about 96 when there weren't many guaranteed contracts around, but it's utterly ridiculous when you hear top WWE stars rolling out that line. 

On 6/1/2020 at 9:51 AM, Roy said:

I think he meant Hart Foundation 1997 Bret. The promo photo I think is from 1997. He largely stopped wearing the trademark shades when he went heel and used the circular ones instead. I don't recall him ever wearing any other shades in WCW, which suggests the copyrighted design was with WWF. 

I don't think he does.

On 5/29/2020 at 8:33 PM, jazzygeofferz said:

As in the tag team, not the stable

Bret also wore his old shades on wcw tv on at least one occasion, but they did have the WWF logo / brand on them so they were probably old stock he found in the shed. 

Whenever Zelina Vega or any other females not in wrestling attire come out wearing flat shoes instead of high heels, it telegraphs that they are going to get physically involved in some way.

I liked how Francine & Dawn Marie back in the ECW days would take off their high heels before getting involved, as it made it less obvious ahead of time. But besides Mickie James doing a couple of spots wearing them over the years none of the current WWE females think to do anything to disguise it.  

1 minute ago, dopper said:

Whenever Zelina Vega or any other females not in wrestling attire come out wearing flat shoes instead of high heels, it telegraphs that they are going to get physically involved in some way.

I liked how Francine & Dawn Marie back in the ECW days would take off their high heels before getting involved, as it made it less obvious ahead of time. But besides Mickie James doing a couple of spots wearing them over the years none of the current WWE females think to do anything to disguise it.  

Interesting world to live in if you think very woman not wearing high heels is about to attack you.

16 hours ago, Statto said:

The fact WWE have about 50,000 performers under contract but are using recognisable faces as the 'crowd' at the moment, so that you keep seeing the likes of Chelsea Green & Malcolm Bivens - both recently introduced as heel characters on NXT - whooping & cheering for the babyfaces on Raw.

And Robert Stone, who they could easily have had there in character, scouting potential clients.

Pretty sure I saw Butcher & The Blade cheering Jungle Boy over MJF at Double or Nothing too!

1 hour ago, dopper said:

But besides Mickie James doing a couple of spots wearing them over the years none of the current WWE females think to do anything to disguise it.  

I'm now creating The Quark Scale. It's like the Redknapp Scale for sexists.

download.jpeg.89eaaeeb88d298db61327e63ed1cf240.jpegdownload.jpeg.89eaaeeb88d298db61327e63ed1cf240.jpegdownload.jpeg.89eaaeeb88d298db61327e63ed1cf240.jpegdownload.jpeg.89eaaeeb88d298db61327e63ed1cf240.jpeg

4 / 5 for you.