Sign in to follow this  
King Coconut

"Would it even be a fry up without beans?"

8 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

Surely a candidate extraordinaire for the #eatclean thread but I have no idea where you got the word "breakfast" from. 

It was my first meal of the day, purposely designed to be eaten in the morning. 

But yes, it does straddle the divide into #eatclean territory.

So I decided to make myself a fry up for my dinner . Bacon, square sausage, hash brown, tattie scone, fried egg, fried bread and ofcourse beans. 

I was just getting stuck in and my door goes for an Amazon delivery. I come back and my shithouse of a dog had jumped up to the table and made a start on it.

I just scraped off that corner and stuck it the bin. When I told my wife later she complained that "I shouldn't waste food and should give that bit to the dog!"

Definitely need beans with your fry up. As @deathrey alluded to. Adding spices and onions to the beans can lift them immensely.  We call them Toorkha beans in our family.

Fried eggs are the go to. I do also like scrambled eggs. Especially the type that are served at Holiday Inn breakfast buffets. I'm pretty sure that they're a culinary disaster. I however have no qualms about loading my plate with those scrambled eggs and beans. 

The last time I stayed at a Holiday Inn. I was most annoyed when the lady slid the buffet station door closed. I was more than up for a second helping. 

Can you rock up at a Holiday Inn or similar establishment and have just breakfast? 

8 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

The #EATCLEAN thread wouldn't wipe it's arse on the Holiday Inn breakfast. 

It would, then some absolute mongrel would eat it, probably with kebab meat.  

On 5/15/2020 at 4:15 PM, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

It would, then some absolute mongrel would eat it, probably with kebab meat.  

And incorrectly say they got it from a chippy.

14 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Why would a chippy serve breakfast?

Despite my stance on chippies and kebabs I've actually had a few banging breakfasts from chippies. One of them even subbed traditional breakfast sausage for chippy style sausage.

1 minute ago, Mr_Danger said:

One of them even subbed traditional breakfast sausage for chippy style sausage.

That sounds well skill!

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Why would a chippy serve breakfast?

Jones Chippy in Wrexham does an absolute brahma. 

Given eggs and baked beans are two of my most despised foods (the other being celery), I don't really care for traditional cooked breakfast rules. I'll go for bacon, mushrooms, hash brown, black pudding and a slice of toast with Marmite, but the most important thing is that you have it in the evening with a pint of Guinness.

4 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Given eggs and baked beans are two of my most despised foods (the other being celery), I don't really care for traditional cooked breakfast rules. I'll go for bacon, mushrooms, hash brown, black pudding and a slice of toast with Marmite, but the most important thing is that you have it in the evening with a pint of Guinness.

Calm down SpursRiot.