VE Day

King of Hamptons

Fuck you grumpy bastards, I had a great time at the street party today, going up and down the road chatting to all the old biddies and having a slice of their cakes.

I was like the angel of fucking death in Birkenstocks.

Let’s hope Vera Lynn doesn’t succumb to CV-17 in her care home.  I think that might finish off the nostalgia party.

• Paid Members

So there's a young woman on our estate who dresses up as Spider-man to pop the local kids (don't ask) and she posted a picture on the FB group with her honouring the fallen. There was something a bit stiff about the flag so I zoomed in and it was a Union Jack doormat on a broompole.

• Moderators

This is so bizarre to see as I don't remember anything remotely close to this from the first 22 years of my life living in the UK. This is the kind of shit that you'd make fun of the USA for.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

is this purely because it’s the 75th Anniversary?

Of course. That's why they moved the bank holiday to coincide with it. 

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I don’t even remember them making such a big thing of it last year, or is this purely because it’s the 75th Anniversary?

I remember a big deal being made about the 50th which I’m sure is the reason why Robson and Jerome’s musical career was launched. But there were no street parties that I remember, just a load of programs celebrating it on TV