VE Day

King of Hamptons

• Paid Members

I'm not anti-war by conviction, as there are times when its justified, but anything that glorifies the military or puts it on a pedestal winds me up no end. There's been a creeping in of American-style hero worship over the past few years, which is about as much bollocks as religion.

In fairness the whole British nationalist jingoism that has hijacked such occasions goes against my political persuasions anyway, so I'll be ignoring the whole thing. This is not Remembrance Sunday, which is a different matter altogether (although also sadly hijacked).

Edited by garynysmon

57 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

There’s two houses opposite eachother that I pass on my morning walk who are in a great “I’m celebrating more than you!” dick measuring contest over VE Day. Each morning one of them has added something new but, and more importantly, bigger and more extravagant than the guy opposite

Pictures please.

• Moderators

Feel like a fucking cop even pointing it out, but the guy across the street (Union Jack bunting; erecting an actual flagpole in the drive; the works) had about a dozen people over for a VE Day party in the front garden, everyone crammed under a gazebo drinking lager and toasting big Winston. Old people struggling out on their daily walks are hobbling into the road just to keep 2 metres away from it.

11 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Feel like a fucking cop even pointing it out, but the guy across the street (Union Jack bunting; erecting an actual flagpole in the drive; the works) had about a dozen people over for a VE Day party in the front garden, everyone crammed under a gazebo drinking lager and toasting big Winston. Old people struggling out on their daily walks are hobbling into the road just to keep 2 metres away from it.

Go for it mate, give them a ring

Edited by WyattSheepMask