UFC Fight Night: Smith vs Teixeira - May 13 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

People are actually saying Herzog should've stopped it earlier? I get that Smith looked pretty fucked, but I wouldn't blame Herzog for it, ultimately Smith was still putting up defense and the fight was getting back on his feet and throwing some shots etc.

• Paid Members

Herzog definitely could have stepped in but it was the lack of compassion from the corner which stuck out to me, Smith body language was of a guy looking for  a way out, he was exhausted, wasn't responding, told them about his teeth falling out and dropped two 10-8 rounds in a row. There was nothing to gain sending him out for round 5. They could have pulled him out before round 4.

• Moderators

Yeah I agree about his corner, especially when he said his teeth were fucked. I feel like I remember Herzog checking on him after most of the rounds, in my opinion he did a solid job - hard to be a ref, pretty much always blamed for letting it go too long or stopping it too early. To me Smith looked just not in the fight pretty much after round 2, which I found unusual for him - honestly made me wonder if something else had happened, like the break-in, to throw him off.

On 5/17/2020 at 8:25 AM, Marshmallo said:

What's the script with USADA during this coronavirus situation? Are they still testing?

I'd have to think that they are. If they weren't, the moaners like Luke Thomas and Josh Gross would have been banging on about it as one of their many reasons MMA should be shut down for the next three years or whatever.

• Paid Members

Could swear I read that USADA have still been testing. And Luke Thomas has still been moaning because they have. Can’t find it on Twitter now but he’s gone a bit anti-USADA these days it seems. He’ll never not find something to be grumpy about.