Velveteen Dream scandal updates

Liam O'Rourke

24 minutes ago, iPumaPants said:

I had no idea. It seems they are only allegations though. I assume it didn't go anywhere? 

If I recall correctly, the accuser asked for the charges to be dropped shortly before a trial could begin. There’s been suspicion that they were paid off for years, but I’d have to re-read about it to be certain.

Obviously, just because it didn’t go anywhere doesn’t show guilt or innocence either way, just that there wasn’t enough evidence to take it further

Edited by WyattSheepMask

2 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

If I recall correctly, the accuser asked for the charges to be dropped shortly before a trial could begin. There’s been suspicion that they were paid off for years, but I’d have to re-read about it to be certain.

Obviously, just because it didn’t go anywhere doesn’t show guilt or innocence either way, just that there wasn’t enough evidence to take it further

Yeah absolutely. I'd gamble that she was paid off. Unfortunately, I guess we'll never know.

31 minutes ago, Loki said:

It's certainly gone quiet on the Dream allegations though, hasn't it.

WWE haven't said anything. Dream said he didn't do anything wrong. If the screenshots were real, the accusers would have gone to the police by now and he'd surely have been arrested?

6 hours ago, Chris B said:

Yes, victims of harrassment always go to the police.

I get what you're saying but I mean, they went to Reddit? People on Reddit told them to go to the police. It was a one night DM conversation, not weeks or months or years of full on scary harassment. 

Realistically, could the police not investigate based on the screenshots shared online?

48 minutes ago, iPumaPants said:

I get what you're saying but I mean, they went to Reddit? People on Reddit told them to go to the police. It was a one night DM conversation, not weeks or months or years of full on scary harassment. 

Realistically, could the police not investigate based on the screenshots shared online?

No because that would be Owellian levels of bullshit. Whose to say the screenshots haven’t been doctored in some way?* I could post that the Prime Minister has secretly fathered 35 kids**, but the police can’t just turn up to my house and start questioning me. They can’t investigate something unless someone goes to them saying that they want it investigating.

* Not saying they have or haven’t, nor have I seen supposed screenshots

** Hypothetical example, just in case the police are reading

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I could post that the Prime Minister has secretly fathered 35 kids**, but the police can’t just turn up to my house and start questioning me. 

You will be fine, he will happily take that low number. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, iPumaPants said:

From the posts I saw, they are teenagers who assumed that he'd been hacked and were trying to get in contact with WWE to HELP him. Going to Reddit makes sense in that context, as does them being reluctant to go to the Police: They like the guy and don't want to be responsible for ending his career. It's a huge responsibility to put on people that are legally still children.

I'm not saying it's definitely real, obviously, but the teenagers being conflicted and not acting like a sensible adult would isn't proof that it's all fake either.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Huh?

The initial, now deleted, post was titled "Velveteen Dream hacked?" and they were asking if anyone knew the best way to contact WWE to let him know. It wasn't full on Velveteen Dream is a paedophile!! It read like they didn't want to believe it was actually him.

Edited by unfitfinlay