Wrestlers who peaked on their debut

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Essa Rios!

That first match against Gilberg was a thing of beauty. He looked great, moved great, and made Lita an exciting prospect.

After thatĀ it was "cool moves, mate" and ..... well, nothing much.

Bayley is probably worth mentioning here, as far as her main roster run goes. The reaction she got when she appeared as Sasha's partner during that tag match at Battleground is probably as good as she's had it outside of NXT. She may be Smackdown Women's champ right now, but her run with the beltĀ has been completely forgettable.Ā 

Edited by RedRooster

17 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Essa Rios!

That first match against Gilberg was a thing of beauty. He looked great, moved great, and made Lita an exciting prospect.

After thatĀ it was "cool moves, mate" and ..... well, nothing much.

I love his pre WWE stuff. Him and the newer Promo Azteca were a step ahead of AAA at the time, in my opinion like, but then again if you're a luchador in the 90s your prospects arent taking you beyond Heat in the US

4 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Bayley is probably worth mentioning here, as far as her main roster run goes. The reaction she got when she appeared as Sasha's partner during that tag match at Battleground is probably as good as she's had it outside of NXT. She may be Smackdown Women's champ right now, but her run with the beltĀ has been completely forgettable.Ā 

If you ignore the 5 day reign that Charlotte had, Bayley hasĀ been Smackdown Womenā€™s Champion for close a year and Iā€™d struggle toĀ tell you whatĀ sheā€™s done in that time. Sheā€™s turned heel obviously, but fuck if I could tell you when or how it happened

Edited by WyattSheepMask

14 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Tazz's peak was when Jim Ross smashed that jug over his head.

I love that feud between Tazz, Lawler and JR. Jim Ross sat at the commentary desk afterwards,Ā picking bits of glass out of his hand whilst King's music plays gets me in the feels every time.