Wrestlers who peaked on their debut

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, gaz2050 said:

Lord Tensai is one in supeisedvhadnt been mentioned. Was hyped up to be amazing, beats Cena in his debut match then the week after just completely deflated.Ā 

Everyone thought it was shit. Albert's career peak was as Sweet T when he was with Broadus Clay. And that was shit too.

I've never been able to work out why the main guy in charge of producing the stars of tomorrow is a guy who never had a good match,Ā never did a good promo and never drew any money.

9 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Everyone thought it was shit. Albert's career peak was as Sweet T when he was with Broadus Clay. And that was shit too.

I've never been able to work out why the main guy in charge of producing the stars of tomorrow is a guy who never had a good match,Ā never did a good promo and never drew any money.

Some people are better teachers than performers, it's as simple as that really!

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, Supremo said:

I'm not having Goldberg. Even during his initial run. Sure, it all turned to shit in the end, butĀ that five to ten minutes when he was wreckingĀ everyone in the Elimination Chamber at Summerslam was way better than his debut. And then if you look at his WWE career as while? Well, you know, the thing with Brock at Survivor Series remains the best thing that company has done in decades. Maybe ever.

He should have gone through everybody in that Elimination Chamber.Ā 

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

Gonna have to disagree.

I think Zeus may have only had one other match & that was for WWC in Puerto Rico versus Abdullah the Butcher, which was bloody awful! Beefcake & Hogan may well have been limited in the ring, but Zeus was the drizzling shits!

Zeus had a match atĀ Survivor Series that year too. Him, Dibiase and Powers of PainĀ VS Hogan, Roberts and Demolition if I recall.

Plus the steel cage tag match with Savage VS Hogan & Beefcake.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, gaz2050 said:

Lord Tensai is one in supeisedvhadnt been mentioned. Was hyped up to be amazing, beats Cena in his debut match then the week after just completely deflated.Ā 

That wasn't his debut, he beat Alex Riley and a few job guys first before getting wins over Cena and Punk.

Tensai beating Cena is up there with Kozlov pinning Undertaker in terms of 'what the fuck were they thinking pushing him?' results.

5 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

I wonder the same thing with him, but heā€™s been doing it for years and nobody seems to have a bad word to say.

He must be a really nice bloke, with decent enough fundamentals and the right temperament and approach to coaching. He was employed as a teacher orĀ football coach or something before the WWF, wasnā€™t he?

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, AshC said:

Tattooist.

BrilliantĀ 

Yeah he taught kids with behavioural problems before he got into wrestling. Some people are just better at the teaching/coaching side of it whereas some of the great wrestlers could be shite coaches. Same with sports, too.

Edited by PunkStep

13 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

That wasn't his debut, he beat Alex Riley and a few job guys first before getting wins over Cena and Punk.

Tensai beating Cena is up there with Kozlov pinning Undertaker in terms of 'what the fuck were they thinking pushing him?' results.

At least Kozlov was a cool bad guy on The Wire and had a few funny skits with Santino. Albert/A-Train/Tensai has been consistently shite during his entire career, that upper card push he got on Smackdown in 02 or 03 was painful.

I always liked Albert, not overly certain why, he just seemed oddly likeable.

I honestly think he was decent though, when he was doing squash matches back in the day they were great, if heā€™d been around in an era where there was more of those heā€™d be remembered more fondly.

Him beating Cena and Punk was ludicrous, he was worn out by then but he WAS good in Japan (Not great, good) because what heā€™s good at is probably more valuable over there than in WWE, where he just never quite fit.