Florida deems professional wrestling ‘essential’

SuperstarNeilC

• Paid Members

Speaking of people's faces on that poster - that promo pic they are using of Drew with the belt (using it on match graphics too) winds me up.

Couple of years of being a stone cold killer (Scottish Psychopath/Scottish Terminator, depending on what took their fancy at the time), turns face & wins the belt and is suddenly a grinning goon.

I mean sure, he's happy to have won the belt. And I'd certainly lean more towards Terminator than Psychopath for a babyface nickname, but not every babyface needs to smile all the time!!

1 hour ago, Statto said:

Speaking of people's faces on that poster - that promo pic they are using of Drew with the belt (using it on match graphics too) winds me up.

Couple of years of being a stone cold killer (Scottish Psychopath/Scottish Terminator, depending on what took their fancy at the time), turns face & wins the belt and is suddenly a grinning goon.

I mean sure, he's happy to have won the belt. And I'd certainly lean more towards Terminator than Psychopath for a babyface nickname, but not every babyface needs to smile all the time!!

Every WWE babyface of the past 20 years, of course he was going to turn into a goofball as soon as he turned face.

• 1 month later...

Reasons Why People Look Down On Wrestling #224 (according to WON)

WWE had planned to start taping with crowds in Florida. They have contacted a company for local people for a Friday and a Monday in late July (7/24 and 7/27 were the dates being bandied about) for live television shoots at the RP Funding Center in Lakeland, FL, an 8,000 seat arena. The plans was to allow fans but to have social distancing, so limiting crowds to a percentage of capacity. Last word is that may be pushed to August, but the July dates were originally set to be announced this coming week because Vince McMahon was determined to be the first person to run a live indoor sports event with a crowd.

No doubt they'll sell commemorative merch at the shows too, knowing them.

"I went to the first live indoor sports event with a crowd and all I got was this lousy tshirt COVID19"

9 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

"I went to the first live indoor sports event with a crowd and all I got was this lousy tshirt COVID19"

They'll probably stick Steph in front of a camera and have her compare the thousands who have died battling Covid to Vince's battle over the steroid trial again, like she did on the SD! a few days after 9/11.

18 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Some of the theme parks are selling social distancing merch and 'welcome back' tshirts etc.

Think the post 9/11 Smackdown was the first 'mass gathering' since the attacks. Remember Prichard saying on STW podcast that they were trying to get President Bush to appear on it. Even he wasn't that stupid though.