Best and worst fruits

SuperBacon

38 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Best: peaches

On their day they're unplayable but are far too inconsistent for me Clive. Sure they are good during those warmer summer months, but can they do it on a cold rainy night away at Stoke?

Best:

Bananas - versatile utility fruit. Always get the job done even if they can be injury prone and bruise easily.

Worst: 

Pears - just bleh. Like they're not even that bad, just boring. Like a born again Christian version of an apple.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Always just found watermelon really inoffensive. Like cucumber, it doesn't really taste of anything.

To be honest, I think that's half the problem, it tastes like off water. Some types of apples are like that as well. 

• Paid Members

Blueberries are the king of fruits. 

Coconut is the worst, obviously. 

Anything that involves unnecessary awkward peeling and using a fucking needle (I'm looking at you Pomegranate) is not worth the time. 

• Paid Members

Best: Brambles, Gooseberries, Watermelon and skin-on Kiwi.

Worst: Pears, Pomegranates.

Give me a fruit salad and I’ll give you a pear that’s made it duller. Pomegranates aren’t worth the hassle.

• Paid Members

I like a conference pear, Satsumas and Cox apple as a standard on the fruit bowl. Cherry's and blackberries are up there too. Bramley crumble is a winner too. 

Mango and Avacado are easily worst, horrible texture and spoiling fruit juice and breakfasts respectively the country over.

Best: Grapes, apple, watermelon, pineapple, good strawberries.

Worst: Coconuts are obviously barely a fruit, all other melons, blueberries. Bananas are crap.

Pomegranate tip!

You don’t have to get them out with a pin, just squeeze them a bit, cut in half and whack the back with a ladle or something and the seeds will come out.

They’re still not really worth the effort though.