20 members have voted

1. 1. Choice to Watch By Next Tuesday

• Snowpiercer (Prime)
    • Maximum Overdrive (Daily Motion)
    • Blue Jean Cop/Shakedown (YT)
    • Sebastiane (YT)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Paid Members

If people are still interested I pick Wicked City (1987) which is on YouTube with English dub. I propose we get the picks up by the end of today then get poll up Friday so we have something to watch at the weekend.

• Awards Moderator
6 hours ago, DEF said:

If people are still interested I pick Wicked City (1987) which is on YouTube with English dub. I propose we get the picks up by the end of today then get poll up Friday so we have something to watch at the weekend.

Is that the Manga? Watched that about a thousand times as a teenager. 

... As a teenager, I might have watched some bits more than others. 

• Paid Members

Yeah I think it was pretty obvious people were messing around, but I went through with it in the hope people genuinely wanted to do it.

My pick would have been The Conversation as it is on ITV this Saturday. I am familiar with Enemy of The State, but never seen it's sibling and I know it is well regarded on here. But if people are genuinely not interested in doing it, just knock it on the head.

Been a good ten years since I last saw The Conversation. I've got a right boner for Harrison Ford at the moment and I'll watch Gene Hackman in anything, although he wasn't the main draw in Heartbreakers. 

I've not enough time to waste watching shite so I'll chime in when there's a film I'm interested in.

3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

. I am familiar with Enemy of The State, but never seen it's sibling

I don’t buy into that wink wink it’s an unofficial sequel at all given how Hackman wasn’t first choice for EOTS. The Conversation is possibly Coppola’s finest. Although my favourite film in that style is The Lives Of Others. 

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I don’t buy into that wink wink it’s an unofficial sequel at all given how Hackman wasn’t first choice for EOTS. The Conversation is possibly Coppola’s finest. Although my favourite film in that style is The Lives Of Others. 

All 3 films in this post are crackers. I love a paranoid thriller.

3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Yeah I think it was pretty obvious people were messing around, but I went through with it in the hope people genuinely wanted to do it.

My pick would have been The Conversation as it is on ITV this Saturday. I am familiar with Enemy of The State, but never seen it's sibling and I know it is well regarded on here. But if people are genuinely not interested in doing it, just knock it on the head.

Maybe people watched the film/or have seen it, but didn't feel like posting about it. (I have seen it)

I watch lots of films without posting my thoughts about them as I just can't always be arsed.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

All 3 films in this post are crackers. I love a paranoid thriller.

Maybe people watched the film/or have seen it, but didn't feel like posting about it. (I have seen it)

I watch lots of films without posting my thoughts about them as I just can't always be arsed.

Regardless I’m glad I saw it. It was something I’d never choose and that was fun. Obviously got other stuff going on but happy for people to try another film

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Regardless I’m glad I saw it. It was something I’d never choose and that was fun. Obviously got other stuff going on but happy for people to try another film

Yep pretty much the same. I watched it knowing full well it was supposed to be a joke but figured if I get it watched and treat it seriously then it's not a waste of a good idea. Which I think the film club is because theres a bunch of us that watch alot of films.

@SuperBaconI watch more films than anyone I know of bar maybe Devon and I completely get not wanting to post about them. I rarely do myself but that is sort of the whole point of film club. Nevertheless I see week one as a success as two of us participated.

@Onyx2 Yep it's probably my favourite manga film and its batshit crazy. I'm fascinated by how the west uses animation to make family films and how Japan makes horror fantasy like that.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, waters44 said:

@DEF @Hannibal Scorch yeah I agree with @SuperBacon, keep going and people will join in when convenient for them. No pressure on anyone including yourselves. I’ll get to them at some point and post my thoughts, I was going to sign up to BFI and watch Sebastine when works starts to quieten down a bit

I’m still waiting for an explanation on the metal nose as Def asked in the discussion thread. Worth a watch though