Big Debates aka "How are you so wrong?"

Duke

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Biscuits: chocolate side up or down. That debate shook my worldview when it happened on here last year.

I think it was someone on here said the chocolate faces down so your tongue can taste it first or something. That may be true, but it's still upside down. Eat it upside up, weirdos.

• Moderators

I had some cookies the other day that were half chocolate dipped, and clearly designed for the chocolate to go on the bottom as the chocolate chips  and risen part of the cookie were on the top. It really confused me and although they tasted very good I didn't quite feel comfortable eating them either way up.

• Paid Members

My mum's always insisted that you can't have Yorkshire pudding with a roast if the meat is poultry, which is infuriating as Yorkshire pudding is invariably the best bit. Who else subscribes to this nonsense?

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Is there any right way to open a pack of Weetabix without half of the bix going all over the counter? Serious question, because I really, really love Weetabix but on the flip of that, I hate the fact I have to have Leprosy cereal.

Yes. Just tear the paper down slowly and carefully, sausage fingers. The only time they make an ungodly mess for me is if I have to break one in half for my daughter.

31 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

My mum's always insisted that you can't have Yorkshire pudding with a roast if the meat is poultry, which is infuriating as Yorkshire pudding is invariably the best bit. Who else subscribes to this nonsense?

Probably the same weirdos who say you can’t have beef gravy with pork etc. 

19 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Mint sauce should supposedly only be used on a Sunday Roast if it has lamb as the meat. Load of shite.

Mint sauce with beef? Yes. Mint sauce with chicken? Yes. Mint sauce with pork? Yes. Mint sauce with everything? Yes.

I'm the same with mustard. Beef and mustard? Delicious? Mustard with chicken? Banging. Pork and mustard? Yes please.

In laws seem convinced that you should only have it with beef which seems mental.