Amazon Prime Low Budget Movie Thread

Loki

Recently I watched a crappy 70s scifi movie on Amazon Prime and it's now started throwing up some REALLY interesting films that are on there.

I thought I'd make a list here and review a few during this crisis, this may be of no interest to anyone else but possibly some other people on here like this sort of terrible low budget rip off film.

I will list the movies in this first post as I find them and if anyone can find the time, watch one and give a review.

WARNING : there's a lot of Roger Corman in this list  :)

The Arena (1975) - Pam Grier is a female gladiator fighing to the death in a Spartacus rip-off.

Ator The Flying Eagle (1982) - Italian Conan clone, recommended by @Bellenda Carlisle

The Bronx Warriors (1982) - Fred Williamson in post apocalyptic New York.

Battle Beyond The Stars (1980) - written by John Sayles and special effects by James Cameron!  It's a Roger Corman classic movie starring Robert Vaughan.

Death Stalker (1983) - Howard Cohen directed, Corman produced fantasy film with tits.  The sequels are also on Amazon.

Endgame (1983) - Italian Mad Max Rip Off

Forbidden World (1982) - Roger Corman Alien rip-off, stars Jesse Vint from Silent Running

Galaxy Of Terror (1891) - another Alien type movie from Corman

Grizzly (1976) - 18 foot tall bear wreaks havoc (recommended by @Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz)

Lifeforce (1985) - On Netflix, British scifi movie by Tobe Hooper.  With tits.

Space Raiders (1983) - Star Wars rip off from the Roger Corman factory.  There will be a LOT of Roger Corman movies in here.

Star Crash (1979) - Italian space opera starring Christopher Plummer and tits.

Edited by Loki

37 minutes ago, Loki said:

Battle Beyond The Stars (1980) - written by John Sayles and special effects by James Cameron!  It's a Roger Corman classic movie starring Robert Vaughan.

Is that the Seven Samurai in space one? Lovely little film, that!

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Loki said:

Recently I watched a crappy 70s scifi movie on Amazon Prime and it's now started throwing up some REALLY interesting films that are on there.

I thought I'd make a list here and review a few during this crisis, this may be of no interest to anyone else but possibly some other people on here like this sort of terrible low budget rip off film.

I will list the movies in this first post as I find them and if anyone can find the time, watch one and give a review.

WARNING : there's a lot of Roger Corman in this list  :)

The Arena (1975) - Pam Grier is a female gladiator fighing to the death in a Spartacus rip-off.

The Bronx Warriors (1982) - Fred Williamson in post apocalyptic New York.

Death Stalker (1983) - Howard Cohen directed, Corman produced fantasy film with tits.  The sequels are also on Amazon.

Endgame (1983) - Italian Mad Max Rip Off

Forbidden World (1982) - Roger Corman Alien rip-off, stars Jesse Vint from Silent Running

Galaxy Of Terror (1891) - another Alien type movie from Corman

Lifeforce (1985) - On Netflix, British scifi movie by Tobe Hooper.  With tits.

Space Raiders (1983) - Star Wars rip off from the Roger Corman factory.  There will be a LOT of Roger Corman movies in here.

Star Crash (1979) - Italian space opera starring Christopher Plummer and tits.

Cracking bunch of films.  Granada once showed the tits version of Star Crash on a weekday morning.

• Paid Members

I don't really like Roger Corman that much so I don't really fancy many of these. But it is interesting looking through this list because I watched a couple of these back in Prime's LoveFilm days, can't believe they still have them in their catalogue.