Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy

Eurovision (sort of)

As well as the planned (not) Eurovision telecasts that will be replacing Eurovision the lovely Surie will be having a livestream Eurovision Party tomorrow in lieu of the scheduled London Eurovision Party that previews the contest most years.  Having seen her live Eurovision Songbook tour I would imagine that this will be a real treat.

See her Facebook for more details:

Set your reminders! 🎉 7PM (UK) Tomorrow! 
📺 LIVE link = http://tinyurl.com/surieyoutube

Edited by johnnyboy

For Saturday nights there's also the quite excellent Eurovision Again.  They announce a random year shortly before 8pm with a link to all play at 8pm.  You can then tweet along, revote, get drunk etc.  (That was last night, so don't vote now)

Edited by johnnyboy

And now Friday nights are taken care of by official Eurovision~!

The Eurovision Home Concerts start tonight at 4pm our time.  Very excited.  Today's features the Game of Thrones looking Danish singer.

In place of the actual semi-final here are the songs that would have performed in the semi-final.  Premiering on YouTube now.

I'm sure there are some obvious roadblocks I haven't thought of, but why don't they just run a vote anyway and actually have a song competition out of the thing? The current situation is breaking so many traditions and messing around with our norms anyway, it seems so obvious to just have the acts send in a video, have a fun vote we can watch along to and maybe even divert some of the proceeds somewhere decent. It won't get the usual numbers but who cares? Me and Ms. Fook were talking about this the other day before we knew this existed and it seemed like such a lovely way to waste a Saturday night within the flow of a much needed current event of some sort. 

Looks like they're doing all of this anyway but just without the awesomely fun voting, which is always the best part of the live telecast (© Tony Schiavone) to me. 

I don't know what the official plan is for Saturday, to the point that I don't want to know and keep it a surprise.  Part of me does hope that they'll have a fun vote or give everyone a special trophy.

Surie winning a Pointless trophy has made up for a lot of Eurovision disappointments over the years.  Absolutely loving tonight so far.  Cheers Auntie.

Much appreciated.  I've had a pretty low week and 6 and a half hours of Eurovision is exactly what the doctor ordered.

Edited by johnnyboy