Out of place wrestlers

• Paid Members

Slightly different tack, but something mentioned in the NWA thread: Eddie Kingston really doesn't look or sound like he belongs there. His overall character is just so out of keeping with the retro, family-friendly aesthetic; he looks, behaves, and sounds more like he should be in MLW or AEW. The only way he might fit in is if he was portrayed as being the "dangerous" or "edgy" guy on the roster, but he's just put across as an urban tough guy. It's massively out of place because the other tough guy characters are all comparatively toned down in terms of language and mannerism.

3 hours ago, RedRooster said:

This is a bit of a random one, but Kid Kash felt very out of place in WWE. He was never really given much of a character, yet still became Cruiserweight Champion. It felt really odd to see him there and sure enough his stint was relatively short lived.

I used to really like his Velocity fodder tag team with Jamie Noble. But yeah, he was very different to ECW Kid Kash.

• Paid Members

Furnas & LaFon always seem out of place to me whenever I watch some old WWE back. At the time WWE were in that odd place where they were embracing dafter gimmicks and slowly transitioning to what would eventually become Attitude, these two boring bastards stood out like a sore thumb.

• Paid Members

Apart from Raven, did anyone mainly known as an ECW guy look right anywhere else? I can't think of many. Rhyno and Tajiri probably had longer in WWE than ECW so I don't particularly think of them in this but maybe they'd count.

• Paid Members

The Dudleys looked every bit as out of place as Public Enemy for a little while with that dodgy gear and the stuttering gimmick. They got over so bloody quickly though. It felt like one minute they were sinking, the next they were stars. You could do that in that era. Rikishi went from Poundland Yokozuna to mega-over babyface in about 6 weeks.