Help educate me on female wrestling

Chasingamymatt

You need to start with the match that created women's wrestling in the United States, Gail Kim v Jackie Moore in a steel cage, TNA Lockdown 2007.

At this point the WWE were still doing bra and panties matches.  TNA brought in Kong after this, and she and Kim made women's wrestling legit again. The WWE's women't revolution owes everything to the TNA Knockouts pioneers.

2 hours ago, Loki said:

You need to start with the match that created women's wrestling in the United States, Gail Kim v Jackie Moore in a steel cage, TNA Lockdown 2007.

At this point the WWE were still doing bra and panties matches.  TNA brought in Kong after this, and she and Kim made women's wrestling legit again. The WWE's women't revolution owes everything to the TNA Knockouts pioneers.

Good match, and I didn't really know its significance to be honest. 

Alundra Blaze had some good matches with Bull Nakano in WWF around 95. There was some other surprisingly decent matches around that time aswell. 

Victoria and Mickie James were my favourite women's wrestlers, but I feel they could've done more if they were in their prime during a different era or had different women to compete with in WWE. 

No mention of Sherri? 

Shame on you people. 

Watch Sherri 80s stuff e.g.

https://youtu.be/eLeHlWxiVj0

For me greatest female wrestler and manager/valet ever. Watch her work the crowd, get nuclear heat, the facial expressions (smug,. Self admiring of her work is a fave). The visciousness and noises she makes. She's everything u want in a wrestler (male or female package wise).

Factor in she was a looker and could work and talk and she had it all. 

Special alpha female points as well. For being able to hang with that wwe 80s crew and party scene and was apparently hard as fuck as well. 

They don't make them like her anymore... Sadly taken far too soon