Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Weezenal

Disney Plus

Recommended Posts

On 3/22/2020 at 1:48 PM, johnnyboy said:

There's a glorious Wonderful World of Color about DIsneyland's first decade, hosted by Walt himself, that was a delight.  I'm hoping that carries over to the UK line-up.

I can't find it :( VPN to America if you fancy it.

2 hours ago, Harry Wiseau said:

Edit - I'm starting with Jeff Goldblum taking about sneakers, bollocks to all that cartoon and superhero stuff, this is great!

We're definitely enjoying Jeff's fluff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Epic fail here. Registered through google play and it immediately said there was a problem when I tried to log in. Got an advisor on the live chat after about 20 minutes waiting who informed me that it had been blocked because it was accessed by a minor and that breached the T&Cs which clearly state it's 18+ only. It hadn't even been accessed by me, let alone a minor! His only advice was to create a new email address and sign up with that. Bollocks to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Epic fail here. Registered through google play and it immediately said there was a problem when I tried to log in. Got an advisor on the live chat after about 20 minutes waiting who informed me that it had been blocked because it was accessed by a minor and that breached the T&Cs which clearly state it's 18+ only. It hadn't even been accessed by me, let alone a minor! His only advice was to create a new email address and sign up with that. Bollocks to it.

Google Play is shit at the best of times. 
 

Frozen 2 is launching in July so assume Onward will also be later then April. So VPN if you want those I suppose. I on the one hand admire them trying to keep the weekly nature of their shows like The Mandalorian as they did that in he US. But considering it’s 4 months late and we’re in lockdown, just release it all now.

The one thing I was blown away by, was the films in HDR. I had a quick look through Endgame and Toy Story 4 on my IPhone XR, and the images were absolutely stunning

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tiger_rick said:

Do you work for Disney?

Do you work for Google? What a stupid retort. I had a Google Tablet and thought the store was awful. Too many broken apps or things that didn’t work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Do you work for Google? What a stupid retort. I had a Google Tablet and thought the store was awful. Too many broken apps or things that didn’t work

Thought I'd seen you did something related to Disney, actually. Still, carry on being a prick then cry about everyone else being a prick - as per.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I on the one hand admire them trying to keep the weekly nature of their shows like The Mandaloria

There is no possible justification for this. Other than to keep subscriptions live for 10 weeks. I'm flabbergasted you can 'admire' their method. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can understand them going weekly with Mandalorian to stop people just blasting through it during the 7 day trial. I imagine the vast majority of people who wanted to see it will have done so already through other means, but when your sinking in $100million per series, you’ve got to try and get people to pay to watch it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Thought I'd seen you did something related to Disney, actually. Still, carry on being a prick then cry about everyone else being a prick - as per.

Tiger Prick more like. The only crying is from you and the fact you can’t use apps properly. Grim up north indeed.

@Onyx2 I think @WyattSheepMask said it best. Admire was a bit strong because yes, it’s stupid really. However when I watched The Mandalorian last year on that 1 episode a week schedule it was quite good to watch something like that and having to wait that time to see what happens next when we live in a Netflix binge in a day culture.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Tiger Prick more like. The only crying is from you and the fact you can’t use apps properly. Grim up north indeed.

Who shat in your corn flakes this morning…?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Who shat in your corn flakes this morning…?

I think that’s pretty obvious, though how it got there from Hull I’ll never know.

just found they have put all 3 seasons of Gargoyles. So that’s X-Men, Tron Uprising, Clone Wars and new Ducktails for me to binge watch over this isolation period

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

Seems to be a serious case of cabin fever going on here. 

I'd rather have Jungle Fever.  (The Spike Lee kind, not an actual illness)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't watched anything yet but I like the layout and general design. Certainly feels a lot better than Disney Life was, although I guess that was geared more towards children than anything. This is a far more well-rounded service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Tiger Prick more like. The only crying is from you and the fact you can’t use apps properly. Grim up north indeed.

No call for that. Calm it down. Things are bad enough out there, let's not bring it in here too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...