Didn’t think much to Soul, although I will give a second watch at some point to see if that changes. It just didn’t grab me in the way something like Inside Out did. I don’t know if coming so soon after Onward affected things, but it just seemed a bit bland

The music was very good throughout, I liked how they went with Jazzin the real world and electronic in the Soul world, but the actual story didn’t do it for me. Like I say, I’ll give it another go at some point to see if my opinion changes, but at this stage I’d put it down as a rare miss by Pixar

Edited by WyattSheepMask
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's almost as if it was designed as a ride first then turned into a film. 

When Rudyard sodding Kipling isn’t quite racist enough, Disney will make up the shortfall. 

It’s because Disney Plus are doing a remake of Song Of The South. It’s starring Brooke Shields, Chris Langham and Spike Milligan is redoing his Curry and Chips persona to play Uncle Remus. Written by

Posted Images

• Paid Members

If you can get access to US Disney+ by VPN etc then the "Pre-Opening Report from Disneyland" is absolutely fascinating.  (Or most of it's on YouTube)

• Paid Members

Yeah, I'm on a family group chat and they're all moaning about the house of mouse demanding extra money from them. If you're getting all that extra content as well then it seems reasonable. It's just a shame Hulu got the Orville. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Yeah, I'm on a family group chat and they're all moaning about the house of mouse demanding extra money from them. If you're getting all that extra content as well then it seems reasonable. It's just a shame Hulu got the Orville. 

Hulu is majority owned by Disney, so I expect as Star+ is the equivalent to Hulu in Europe it will appear on there.

It depends what is on Star as to whether people think the cost is justified. I mean I think that just the Disney/Marvel/Star Wars stuff for 7.99 would be great value, but when you think that families might already be shelling out £100 for Sky, 8.99 a month for Netflix, 8.99 a month for Prime, 5.99 for BritBox, a little increase where you may be able to get things on existing subscription platforms could be taking the piss.

Looking at the trailer above I didn't recognise anything apart from Family Guy which I've never watched, and 24 which I watched the first 3 seasons. So for me, I won't be paying any extra for this content as I probably won't watch it, but I am happy to pay an increase to have access to the Disney/Marvel/Star Wars stuff.

I recognised 24, Family Guy and the bits of Die Hard, but I think there was also Desperate Housewives, How I Met Your Mother and Lost in there too, which were all on ABC, which Disney own. Other shows that could added include the likes of Grey’s Anatomy, The Goldbergs, Ugly Betty, 8 Simple Rules those type of shows.
Obviously there will a whole bunch of other stuff not included in that trailer added the same day or close to it.

A £2 increase for all of the extra content that will come under the Star umbrella is perfectly fair in my opinion. There’s probably nothing in that trailer that I’ll end up watching apart maybe from 24, which I’ve never seen, but I’m sure there will be stuff I will watch to added in time, and that’s before you delve into the rest of the 20th Century Fox movie archive

Edited by WyattSheepMask
  • Paid Members

For the amount of content you already get, plus with all the FX shows, Fox movies and TV Shows, and the ABC stuff, I think it' still greta value especially when you look at how much Amazon and Netflix now cost. I mean you are getting 3 new Marvel series which, similar to Mandalorian, are really films broken up into episodes, new films, new series and the disney/pixar back catalogue. In terms of quality of content, it is probably the most consistent of the streaming services. 

• Paid Members

Great news IMO. The potential film catalogue improves Disney+ no end for me not to mention the ABC sitcoms. I've been gagging to watch Home Improvement, Happy Days, Roseanne, Mork & Mindy, Spin City, Hanging with Mr Cooper again for ages. Of course they may not turn up but if they are going anywhere.