The UKFF isolation thread

The Reverend

3 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

@Grecian you still working for BSU? Have they suspended placements on PGCE. I'm about to put together a sick playlist to watch when Wolverhampton sorts me out. 

Yup, still there (12 years and counting).

We've not suspended placements, some trainees aren't being allowed into schools, but it varies. Most places are waiting for Boris to decide when he's closing schools officially. Until then, we're telling our guys to keep attending if they can.

• Awards Moderator

I recommend doing what I’ve done on this forum in the last and do a WrestleMania/Summerslam/etc match a day, or take someone with a decent but not massively long career and do a marathon of their PPV matches like I did with Kurt Angle. It’s fascinating watching the evolution of shows or people and isn’t necessarily a ‘best of’ so you get a bit more variety of matches.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

AAA When World's Collide

Octagon & El Hijo Del Santo Vs Eddie Guerrero & 'Love Machine' Art Barr - Double mask Vs double hair 2/3 falls. 

Watched this earlier. There's a version up on YouTube, but the quality isn't great. It's still really good, and the match isn't overly long (though there is a cut in the middle that I can't recall how much it will have skipped forward). One thing I liked about it was it treated the pile-driver as a debilitating move. Treat it as such and people will believe it. 

It's always sad to think what could have been if Barr and Guerrero didn't die so young (27 and 38 I believe?). Guerrero really was exceptional, even here at this early stage of his career. The most disappointing thing for Eddie must have been that he was never able to have a healthy body at the same time as he developed the charisma and star power to be a main eventer.

The closest he probably came to the winning formula was as a heel in 1997, and even then he was unfortunate that there was never going to be any real upward momentum for him at that time in WCW. 

I’ve been making my way through some 1997 Raws in my isolation and, quite frankly, I wish The Patriot would just fuck off.

I’m about two episodes away from Bad Blood and I’m not ready to lose Brian Pillman just yet. 

Having gone through the first 4 Takeovers in two days...

They really made such a big deal of signing KENTA, for such little long-term reward

There are some people I genuinely had no memory of at all. Rich Brennan on commentary? Sylvester Lafort?

Speaking of Sylvester, a hair-vs-hair match with Enzo, with no head shaving at the end?

Baron Corbin was surprisingly popular on his debut. Mojo Rawley seemed to have his own fan club. Seeing Elias joining the Sami Zayn celebration made me think how weirdly he looks like Bradley Cooper with short hair and not much beard.

Sami Zayn vs Neville is still an absolutely blindingly good match.

On 3/19/2020 at 1:21 PM, Grecian said:

Mojo Rawley seemed to have his own fan club.

Pretty sure he used to hang around with a lot of the fans after the shows which made him get better reactions. He then also went on to buddy up with Gronkowsksi which has gave him the Andre Battle Royal win a few years back and probably helped him keep his job so long since they now apparently want to sign him. 
Can only imagine how hard he must have tried to become Triple H’s best mate. Would have been like Andy Bernard following Micheal Scott about

• Paid Members
On 3/19/2020 at 1:21 PM, Grecian said:

Speaking of Sylvester, a hair-vs-hair match with Enzo, with no head shaving at the end?

That led to Lefort's partner Marcus Louis ending up bald instead, looking like a mini-Kane, and doing a crazy gimmick that lasted about a month before they shitcanned him.