MJF flips off child

UK Kat Von D

F**** Them Kids  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, CTXRussomark said:

Complete overreaction. Saw the video yesterday and the kid didn't look the slightest bit bothered or upset. Just smiled and moved on to the next autograph table with his dad/big brother laughing along.

How somebody looks in the moment is clearly not an accurate way to assess how they actually ended up feeling. I think you have to take the dad’s word for it in this case. 

Having said that, even if the child was completely fine with it, for Christ’s sake man, he flipped off a 7-year-old. Apply some real world logic here, is that ever an appropriate thing for anyone to do?

2 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Have you ever met a 7-year-old?

Yeah loads and I know for a fact that they all take things exactly the same way so it is absolutely fine to swear at them because of one laughs they all will laugh. Right? 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, CTXRussomark said:

Complete overreaction. Saw the video yesterday and the kid didn't look the slightest bit bothered or upset. Just smiled and moved on to the next autograph table with his dad/big brother laughing along.

That doesn’t make it OK.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I'd be 'outraged' after the fact too if it meant I got a bit of cash for selling my story and free tickets to a wrestling show. 

and what if you didn't? It is possible to just be outraged rather then thinking this is going to be my meal ticket

1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I'd be 'outraged' after the fact too if it meant I got a bit of cash for selling my story and free tickets to a wrestling show. 

Let's hope the free tickets aren't to a show where you're "letting off steam," eh? 

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

and what if you didn't? It is possible to just be outraged rather then thinking this is going to be my meal ticket

You're right - however he DID get free tickets to a show and no doubt got paid by TMZ or whoever.
I'm just saying, use the situation to your advantage. He did - and more power to him.

14 minutes ago, David said:

Let's hope the free tickets aren't to a show where you're "letting off steam," eh? 

**YAWN**

I think this raises aa question about what people want in wrestling in 2020. Do you want wrestlers to be in character all the time and seem real or do you want them to be nice guys who are just play fighting and who are actually nice?

In some ways the response shows what he is doing it working. He comes off as a dick who is in considerate of feelings. He knew it would get this backlash and did it accordingly. It gets him (albeit cheap) heat. 

Personally I have no real feeling on it either way. I do miss wrestlers being their gimmicks outside of wrestling though. 

Much ado about nothing, I reckon. The kid will survive, MJF successfully works a bunch of you, the world still turns. It's odd little instances like these that give the world a bit of colour. With wrestling, music, TV etc you don't want to drain the swamp completely. It'd be deathly dull. 

It's a bit like people complaining about the cussing at AEW, really. I don't even know what the TV rating is on it but the product is objectively aimed more at adults than kids. It's going to be fairly harmless for them, but it's parents discretion at that point. If you're going to get into a tiff at Ambrose saying 'shit' or the crowd chanting 'Fuck him up!' then don't bring your kids to the live shows. Don't bring them to meet the top heel in the company. It doesn't have to be clean because you reckon it should be. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Michael_3165 said:

In some ways the response shows what he is doing it working. He comes off as a dick who is in considerate of feelings. He knew it would get this backlash and did it accordingly. It gets him (albeit cheap) heat. 

Is it selling a ticket? Is anyone tuning in to watch because of it? Is it making you want to see his babyface opponent beat him? If the answer to all of those questions is "no", then it's not heat.

Being a heel isn't just permission to be a dickhead with impunity. And if the only way you can think to play heel - to a child, especially - is to give them the middle finger or swear at them, then you're not a good heel.