MJF flips off child

UK Kat Von D

F**** Them Kids  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

MJF flipped off a child at an autograph signing. 

https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/04/aew-mjf-kid-middle-finger-event-cody-rhodes-dad/

“We reached out to MJF for comment and got back this 3-word statement -- "F**k them kids."”

I reckon I’m going to get shit for saying this, but I don’t particularly like that. The idea of a heel flipping off a 7-year-old...maybe that’s funny. But the reality of it is actually a bit shit. 7 is really young, I can see why that would be upsetting.

If you must play heel to a kid, you can go about it without swearing at them. 

• Paid Members

That's the main thing - if you can't heel without swearing, you're not a very good heel. A lot of his insults, both on shows and on Twitter, are incredibly lazy lowest common denominator stuff. 

Just in general, I think MJF is phenomenally over-rated as this great heel that I see him celebrated as. He speaks confidently, and seems to be good at coming up with stuff off-the-cuff, and to people who have been used to overly scripted WWE promos where no one speaks like a human being, that's a real breath of fresh air. But a lot of the stuff I've seen celebrated as "next level" or "God tier" heel work from him on social media is stuff that you'd see at any indie show, on any weekend, or in some cases what you'd see at a holiday camp show.

I just think that people who predominantly experience wrestling through WWE aren't used to seeing talent that actually interact with the audience on a more than superficial level, so when he does it, it comes across as revolutionary and not just base level heel work.

• Paid Members

I have no problem with MJF swearing at kids and being an arsehole to people. In a time where every heel has to be cool and funny too, it's nice to have one who is just an outright prick.

It's really cheap heat, same as throwing a beer over a fan: edgy.

I thought he was great when I first saw him, but the more I've seen of him, the less impressed I am.

"DISCLAIMER: If you have a meet/greet or inquire media wise for MJF, you'll get MJF," Rhodes said on Twitter.

This can fuck off as well. "Oh, he couldn't possibly break his character" for a 7 year old kid. I've seen plenty of heels break character for kids, it doesn't harm them one bit. In fact, I'm pretty sure I saw a recent clip of Nick Gage messing around with a kid at a show. Doesn't make me think that he wouldn't be able to fuck anyone up.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

"DISCLAIMER: If you have a meet/greet or inquire media wise for MJF, you'll get MJF," Rhodes said on Twitter.

This can fuck off as well. "Oh, he couldn't possibly break his character" for a 7 year old kid. I've seen plenty of heels break character for kids, it doesn't harm them one bit. In fact, I'm pretty sure I saw a recent clip of Nick Gage messing around with a kid at a show. Doesn't make me think that he wouldn't be able to fuck anyone up.

That reminds me of that indy promoter back in the day having a big blow-up with Samoa Joe. This was back when Kenny Omega was still on the circuit, and was nowhere near his current level - he was main-eventing for this indy promotion, and Joe as the guest star just jobbed him out, apparently gave him nothing at all. When the promoter called him out on it, saying that he didn't ask Joe to put him over, just to give him a bit of a rub, Joe apparently told him that he should've known that that's what you're asking for when you book Samoa Joe. Load of bollocks.

5 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

I have no problem with MJF swearing at kids and being an arsehole to people. In a time where every heel has to be cool and funny too, it's nice to have one who is just an outright prick.

Which is all well and good until you consider the fact it’s a real 7-year-old child, not an actor. There’s being a prick, and then there’s just being cruel.