Christopher Au has died - fundraiser/funeral details in thread

John Matrix

Incredibly sad. Echoing what others have said I can't say I had a lot of direct interactions with the guy but by virtue of the fact he always had something insightful or interesting to say he was an incredibly memorable poster here and one I felt I knew.. It's funny with these places, whilst a lot of the conversation here is big group discussion there are so many posters you "know" and many of us have been here for 15+ years, there's a lot of shared life in these little forums.  I'd also be up for a donation in his memory

Edited by organizedkaos

Can’t say I had many dealings with him, but the messages about him speak for themselves.

I do love this place sometimes. I’m really sorry to those who knew him that this has affected so much. I hope the fact that he was so well remembered is some solace. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

Soz Monk. Your charity idea is brilliant, follow that up with a Just Giving or whatever and we can have a pinned post here for anyone that wants to contribute. 

I don’t know what everyone would prefer...

Donations split between a children’s hospice and Velindre Cancer Centre that treated him - in which case it would have to be done via PayPal (if people trust me) or GoFundMe (who’ll take a percentage) so that it can be split. Happy to do either. My idea was for a memorial butterfly in his name.

Or

Donations to one charity via JustGiving - wait for someone close to him to chose the charity it goes to.

Thoughts?

• Awards Moderator

I don’t think there are many people on the forum who would be more trusted than you, Monk, so I don’t think there’ll be an issue if option 1 is the way to go. I’m happy to donate to whatever’s agreed.

As an aside, I just had a scroll through Chris’s Insta and I won’t half miss his t-shirt posts. The kind of thing that became a regular part of social media that I always enjoyed/smiled at. 

• Moderators

The fuck? I bumped into him once in Cardiff and we had a beer. Was a quality chap. Just a really decent fella.  When he saw I was in Cardiff for the rugby on twitter we'd float going for a proper drink. Wish we did now. 

Edited by PowerButchi