10 minutes ago, Harry Wiseau said:

My work is still open, not sure what the deal is yet but I've been asked to go in at 1 as opposed to 9 because I can't be in at the same time as the other guy in my department, not sure when I'll be finishing tonight. Obviously because i'm not needed til one I've been awake since half four. 

I'm in work today too and I feel the whole situation is about as clear as cloudy lemonade. Shitty move to do a late night announcement leaving those who run businesses and go to work with a very short time to formulate a plan.

No more than 2 people together.

You can go for a walk once a day but only 1 person is allowed.

Oh but your entire household can join you.

Lauren Hashian Wtf GIF by swerk

4 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

I'm in work today too and I feel the whole situation is about as clear as cloudy lemonade. Shitty move to do a late night announcement leaving those who run businesses and go to work with a very short time to formulate a plan.

Don't think they can win on that score. If they gave us notice, everyone would just rush out to the shops before they closed like they did at McDonald's yesterday. We're a nation of morons.

27 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

No more than 2 people together.

You can go for a walk once a day but only 1 person is allowed.

Oh but your entire household can join you.

Lauren Hashian Wtf GIF by swerk

He clearly said a family can be together for walks runs etc.

Don’t group up with your football mates and go for a run or take your family and go hang out In the high street.  Prevent it jumping households 

My sister in law works for a large paint store.... they are open....... give it a few days of sports direct and the like acting like twats and the lockdown will get more severe 

Edited by quote the raven

42 minutes ago, Harry Wiseau said:

We're halfway through a loft conversion at the moment, luckily there's not a hole in the roof any more but the windows aren't sealed in and there's no walls or doors so the house is freezing with the heating on, the upstairs is basically out of bounds at the moment so the four of us are essentially living downstairs, the mental health impact of this is going to be huge on probably as many people as the physical side of it. I'm not saying anything that hasn't been said and say least we've got a garden so we could have it a lot worse, I feel so sorry for the family's living in flats with no gardens.

We’ve got a hole in our roof at the moment! Developed a leak during the storms and have been waiting for the scaffolders to get the permit so the roofers can go up and fix it. The job was estimated to take three weeks, and they started putting the scaffolding up... yesterday. I’m wondering if they’ll be here today or not.

I was going to go for a daily walk while working from home anyway... I know he didn’t explicitly mention walking in his speech, but I’m not getting in trouble if I’m not running or cycling, right? Right? I’ll walk quite quickly if that helps? (Genuine question.)

Guidance online states 'such as a walk, run or cycle' as long as there is only you or members of your household it will be fine. 

Edited by Joe Blog
There not their

10 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

He clearly said a family can be together for walks runs etc.

Don’t group up with your football mates and go for a run or take your family and go hang out In the high street.  Prevent it jumping households 

My sister in law works for a large paint store.... they are open....... give it a few days of sports direct and the like acting like twats and the lockdown will get more severe 

Management where I work are apparently also trying to stay open.

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Decided against the half hearted self isolation/ restriced contact hunter gatherer approach before the announcement was made so I'll be staying in work. A woman complaining about her M&S garmemt arriving late and a different woman opening her door whilst coughing on to me before I had chance to dive for cover has me already regretting this.

So, fellow divorced dads, what the fuck do we do? I'm waiting for a slither of hope that I can have some form of contact but it's not likely they'll be able to stay with me is it? The idea I won't be able to see them for that long is killing me. I've never gone more than a few day's without contact their entire lives. They live 16 miles away otherwise we'd have strategic daily exercise meets but unless there's an exception made it looks like my mental health is about to plummet.

They can't enforce that, so you'll be ok. Chin up mate. 

I'm about to head to the office to get everyone set up to be able to work from home, and then heading home myself. 

I luckily have an office space I can work in at home. I think I'd struggle to work in a room at home where I'm in every day, so a nice bright closed off room I'm never in will help. 

No. It's not the toilet. 

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

So, fellow divorced dads, what the fuck do we do? I'm waiting for a slither of hope that I can have some form of contact but it's not likely they'll be able to stay with me is it? The idea I won't be able to see them for that long is killing me. I've never gone more than a few day's without contact their entire lives. They live 16 miles away otherwise we'd have strategic daily exercise meets but unless there's an exception made it looks like my mental health is about to plummet.

"Where parents do not live in the same household, children under 18 can be moved between their parents’ homes"

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others

Edited by Uncle Zeb

7 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

I work in home insurance. Considering the tantrums we put up with each day from people that have dropped their phone or smashed their TV screen, they're going to go fucking mental now that they can't get a replacement.

Maintenance should absolutely be classified as essential work, or that's a lot of people clutching warranty chits like lottery tickets. 

37 minutes ago, seph said:

Maintenance should absolutely be classified as essential work, or that's a lot of people clutching warranty chits like lottery tickets. 

My step-dad and his kids/grandkids are plumbers, and they have been told they can continue to work as normal. The issues seem to be that all the big materials suppliers are either closed or have said they are closing this week. So if anyone's boiler packs in, they can go look at it, but getting parts is going to be a nightmare!

So my line of work is essential because we deal with waste but we're still taking in scrap metal which think is wrong. Just had the council tip nearly 3 tonne of it. How irresponsible that local authorities are still disposing of non essential materials. Fucking joke.

Having seen the fallout from all of this, it should be clear to anyone with half a brain that it's entirely unworkable. So many different circumstances that there's no way to legislate for them all.

An absolute shambles.