20 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Who said I'm not going to do that?

I don't understand your response, you posted what you posted and asked, what I assumed to be the hypothetical question "what a landlord would do" , as a landlord I posted what I'd do. 

In no way do I expect you to follow through on what you said you were doing, but then I guess people get far too literal on here. 

5 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

I don't understand your response, you posted what you posted and asked, what I assumed to be the hypothetical question "what a landlord would do" , as a landlord I posted what I'd do. 

In no way do I expect you to follow through on what you said you were doing, but then I guess people get far too literal on here. 

That was 5 years ago Tom, we've all moved on. 

You're a landlord? Good for you. Enjoy your mortgage break

8 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

but as they're a management company who have been proper shit with dealing with my serious noise complaints I doubt I'll get any leeway but you never know

Ah fuck, yeah you’d have better luck with a person than a management company if you get my meaning. Hopefully they’ll show a bit of empathy and humanity. Hope it works out ok. 

3 hours ago, David said:

Thing is, it comes down to a level of personal choice, doesn't it? I actually agree that smoking is stupid, but I'd certainly fight against any government policy that would see people arrested for doing so.

But what about where that personal choice directly impacts other people? What's the difference between the government closing pubs because of the potential spread of Corona virus and the government banning smoking in public places because of the potential for cancer from passive smoking?

40 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Ah fuck, yeah you’d have better luck with a person than a management company if you get my meaning. Hopefully they’ll show a bit of empathy and humanity. Hope it works out ok. 

Ok time to get more slating, but as a landlord to a house of students that’s with a management company I would be very angry if said company didn’t pass a reasonable request of payment deferral on. I have in the past allowed this to happen, loans not coming in on time ect. 

If they request a few months breathing space I will phone the bank and request payment my end to stop and work with them.  

My anxiety is through the roof at the moment due to this and work. A big part of my anxiety is feeling like things are out of my control and not knowing what's going on. 

At the moment at work we are under the assumption that schools are going to close at some point. It's a matter of when not if. We've been instructed to make up home learning packs to send hone with children in the event of closure. We've also been instructed to act like everything is normal in front of the children despite the fact they watch the news and are savvy enough to know what's going on. We're getting emails at least once a day with ever-changing guidance etc. 

The whole uncertainty of the situation is not sitting well with me. I've had a stress headache for days now and feeling like crying. 

1 hour ago, quote the raven said:

Ok time to get more slating, but as a landlord to a house of students that’s with a management company I would be very angry if said company didn’t pass a reasonable request of payment deferral on. I have in the past allowed this to happen, loans not coming in on time ect. 

If they request a few months breathing space I will phone the bank and request payment my end to stop and work with them.  

Not sure if it's the same thing tbh. My management company owns the whole building, and the commercial properties underneath on the parade, so the whole freehold. I'm guessing yours is more of a managing agent.

Thing with Mortgage holidays is they are mostly available as standard. If you go to your provider and ask for one they normally offer it. Mine asked if I wanted one on my last renewal. That was Halifax.

France have said all utilities will be free for every household. Things like that, or an increase to SSP or even them topping up the SSP to your normal basic wage would have a much more positive impact to the current climate then just loans to businesses 

4 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Eurovision has been cancelled. This is serious now, lads.

Just WrestleMania it into an empty arena. I had £20 on that Iceland banger!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Divorced Dad said:

My anxiety is through the roof at the moment due to this and work. A big part of my anxiety is feeling like things are out of my control and not knowing what's going on. 

At the moment at work we are under the assumption that schools are going to close at some point. It's a matter of when not if. We've been instructed to make up home learning packs to send hone with children in the event of closure. We've also been instructed to act like everything is normal in front of the children despite the fact they watch the news and are savvy enough to know what's going on. We're getting emails at least once a day with ever-changing guidance etc. 

The whole uncertainty of the situation is not sitting well with me. I've had a stress headache for days now and feeling like crying. 

Shit man that sounds stressful. I can see wwhy you would be worried esp if you have no clear plan moving forward. The only suggestion is to accept the fact things will change and you Haave. O control over it. Easier said than done? Definitely. But otherwise you torture yourself over something you can't change. 

Working in health I have the constant guidelines changing plus the fact everyone thinks they have it and want a quick fix. I haven't got an answer for them and it's painful not to be able to take away suffering.. 

Good luck 

3 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Eurovision has been cancelled. This is serious now, lads

Hope they replace it with euro trash instead! 

My mumzie (thanks baz!) works in a school as a cleaner, I'm worried and very anxious she could catch the CV

While of course their is no direct contact with the kids, she still is surrounded by the germs of them when she is cleaning

It breaks my heart that it's going to ruin so many local businesses and lives in general

Eurovisuon could still be a thing where they show videos of the entries and have a vote on the best song? 

6 hours ago, PunkStep said:

There aren't enough Corkhill gifs for that news. I hope @johnnyboy is ok

Not really, but on the plus side at least we can't come last.