Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
On 5/28/2021 at 3:24 PM, waters44 said:

I’ve got mine booked tonight. I saw that it’s recommended under 40s avoid AZ. Has anyone under 40 turned up and been given AZ? I’m getting a bit anxious now

I had AZ, felt like shite for 24 hours but fine after that. I don't think there's anything to worry about. The blood clot risk is massively low.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I had AZ, felt like shite for 24 hours but fine after that. I don't think there's anything to worry about. The blood clot risk is massively low.

Thanks. I turned up and they had a queue for the old farts to get AZ and a queue for us spring chickens to get Pfeizer. My wife had the same and neither of us had any side effects other than a dead arm so all good. 

Just got to convince other people in my family to get the jab now as some of them think it’s a sterilization technique 🤷‍♂️ Dopey as fuck

• Paid Members
On 5/28/2021 at 9:43 AM, Nostalgia Nonce said:

My whole body feels knackered though because for the last two nights I've been waking every 20-30 minutes.

My brain added an extra ‘n’ in there somewhere and I had to read it twice.

Anyone been for a walk-in/drive through test recently? How long did it take for the result to come back? Took my eldest because she’s been coughing a lot, it’s probably her asthma, which always gets triggered by a cold, but want to be sure. 

1 hour ago, hallicks said:

Anyone been for a walk-in/drive through test recently? How long did it take for the result to come back? Took my eldest because she’s been coughing a lot, it’s probably her asthma, which always gets triggered by a cold, but want to be sure. 

I took my eldest a couple of weeks ago to get one, we got there for 8am save got the results (negative) at 7.15am the following day. Hope she's ok 

• Paid Members

There was a pop-up vaccination tent in Stockport town centre on Friday, I'm assuming these are quite common across the country right now?

For food reference, this one was near a Greggs, Crawshaws and Pound Bakery.

Got my 2nd AZ vax yesterday and promptly passed out for about 12 hours overnight. Not feeling too bad today, tired and run down but not had the fever and aches of the first time. Celebrating with a full chippy tea tonight.

• Paid Members
On 5/30/2021 at 7:20 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

There was a pop-up vaccination tent in Stockport town centre on Friday, I'm assuming these are quite common across the country right now?

For food reference, this one was near a Greggs, Crawshaws and Pound Bakery.

My mum's in Blackburn and they've got a vaccination bus that goes around. Presumably they're not in motion while they're vaccinating otherwise there'd be more than a few dissatisfied customers, especially given the state of some of the roads round there. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

My mum's in Blackburn and they've got a vaccination bus that goes around.

I trust they have a jingle.
"The vaccine bus is coming, and everyone is jabbing..."
I'll get my coat.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

My mum's in Blackburn and they've got a vaccination bus that goes around. Presumably they're not in motion while they're vaccinating otherwise there'd be more than a few dissatisfied customers, especially given the state of some of the roads round there. 

Might end getting both jabs in the same visit though.

Just had my second jab. Sadly, I forgot about about the jabs this morning and prepped for our evening meal so no take away today. Will have to save my Burger King vegan Royale for another day (probably tomorrow if I'm feeling rotten).