• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just been in the smaller of the two Tesco in Lincoln. Things were pretty much in stock apart from loo roll and pet food. Did see one guy at the till getting told by the checkout girl that he couldn't

I'll eventually work through all the messages but I'm safe. Thanks folks. I'm still an absolute mess but safe all the same. 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

I've spent the last couple of hours either crying or being pissed off. I'm gonna live by myself until my landlord moves anyone else in, which seems Feb at the earliest now, I don't know the area which is a massive trigger, I have no work to go to as its from home, the estate I'm on is surrounded by places I've been told to avoid by people who used to live here and I just don't have a reason to get up right now as my contract doesn't start for another 2 weeks and even then I'll work from home so never meet any colleagues.

I'm gonna be broken by this lockdown. Absolutely smashed. There's nothing positive I can think of right now and its shit because I was finally so happy with everything and for the first time ever moving and stuff.

Are you able to meet your colleagues virtually beforehand? I don’t know if they do anything like daily catch ups or the like and although they may say no as you’ve not started is it worth asking if you can have a meet up with everyone before you start?

Are you able to go for walks around your local area? Maybe once you’re out of the estate things might be better and even in your estate it might be an opportunity for you to decide for yourself as opposed to listening to other people’s opinions. If you are able to find a nice park or similar open space near you to exercise in there is nothing better than watching the sun come up. Seriously the world is so beautiful if you can get out there, I don’t want to preach but if you’re able to get into some sort of routine and exercise for even 20 minutes it really help with your mental health. You’re a good man Shy Dad, never forget that. 

Edited by stewdogg
Tori Spelling
  • Paid Members

I'm gonna try and get out the house tomorrow, using today as a cleaning day as that relaxes me like nothing else.

Work wise, I've been given a start date of next week, hopefully there's a chance of either meeting virtually or getting into the school just to grab resources etc so that I can feel a little more prepared. 

As for walking as mentioned, I'm gonna just try and bimble to Asda tomorrow, I need to get some supplies for the weekend and some things for the house I forgot to bring so that will at least give me some escape. The positive thing I'm looking at today is I'll hopefully soon either have housemates or have lockdown over. If I can get to Feb I live right by Weston football club so when spectators can go in again I have that as well.

Its just trying to keep myself occupied this week I think, there's only so much daytime TV and reading I can do. Might try and do some cooking and get some stuff up on the cookery thread maybe.

if you are not familiar with the area, go on google maps and have an explore, its helped me in the past when i didn't have a smart phone and wanted to plan routes 

Edited by Ralphy
  • Awards Moderator
23 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

As for walking as mentioned, I'm gonna just try and bimble to Asda tomorrow, I need to get some supplies for the weekend and some things for the house I forgot to bring so that will at least give me some escape.

Its just trying to keep myself occupied this week I think, there's only so much daytime TV and reading I can do. Might try and do some cooking and get some stuff up on the cookery thread maybe.

For walking I recommend the rambler's site https://www.ramblers.org.uk/go-walking/find-a-walk-or-route.aspx or search National Trust https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/site-search.html#gsc.tab=0 I found heaps of places within a couple of miles I wasn't aware of.

And to everyone's shock heartily recommend cooking. Pick a dish you love but have never cooked, or pick a cuisine you've never tried (though that can be expensive). More than happy to recommend something if you need inspiration.

So after CILIP advised that libraries should close for safety, we're having a meeting to discuss how we're going to keep them open safely. 

Going to be a quick meeting. "We can't." 

I know he's a polarising figure, but seeing Tony Blair talk this morning just made me pang for grown up politicians who know what they're doing. If Johnson had any sense he would put together a taskforce made up of people like Blair to put together a plan for vaccine rollout by next week.

I'm still seeing people say 'BORIS IS DOING HIS BEST! LEAVE HIM ALONE ITS HARD' And you know what, he probably is doing his best. That's the point. He's utterly unfit for this position and he's presiding over the most inept Cabinet I can remember as everyone with any talent fucked off as soon as he rolled into Number 10.

Hope everyone is OK anyway. Keep reading books, watching stuff and listening to music when you can to get your mind working. Hopefully with the vaccines we have better days ahead

5 minutes ago, Factotum said:

like Blair to put together a plan for vaccine rollout by next week

Just tell Blair the virus is running rampant in Iraq, he'd be dropping the vaccine by the bomb load.

In more relevant news, this is just unbelievable. Homeless people being the absolute bottom priority again. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Vamp said:

So after CILIP advised that libraries should close for safety, we're having a meeting to discuss how we're going to keep them open safely. 

Going to be a quick meeting. "We can't." 

I feel like I know way too much about library policy wrt to covid thanks to your updates.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Factotum said:

I know he's a polarising figure, but seeing Tony Blair talk this morning just made me pang for grown up politicians who know what they're doing.

Can't say I'm a fan of people trying to discredit every single thing he says just because of Iraq.

On Brexit and now this he's been one of the most consistently sensible speakers in the whole debate. Was never a particular fan of his, but yeah. 

We're living in particularly weird times where even George W Bush is considered an elder statesman and towering figure of politics compared to the current White House shitshow.

22 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Can't say I'm a fan of people trying to discredit every single thing he says just because of Iraq.

On Brexit and now this he's been one of the most consistently sensible speakers in the whole debate. Was never a particular fan of his, but yeah. 

We're living in particularly weird times where even George W Bush is considered an elder statesman and towering figure of politics compared to the current White House shitshow.

Probably for another thread, but you can recognise them for being good/competent at certain things, whilst still finding them reprehensible. 

Blair is an incredibly smart man and a fantastic orator, the latter a very good reason why so many people bought into him.