• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just been in the smaller of the two Tesco in Lincoln. Things were pretty much in stock apart from loo roll and pet food. Did see one guy at the till getting told by the checkout girl that he couldn't

I'll eventually work through all the messages but I'm safe. Thanks folks. I'm still an absolute mess but safe all the same. 

Posted Images

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, mim731 said:

If it helps, that sounds like that's more than the average. I know at least three teacher friends who are teaching only a handful of kids in person (albeit with a similar flawed additional set up across Zoom to what you've described there).

The biggest issue we had with schools and safety is my daughter is in a class with 30 kids. That’s her bubble. Except for maths, English and science where they have different classes based on skill set, so suddenly her bubble of 30 could, potentially, be 120 kids and 4 teachers. So if 40% of kids go in, that’s not good but the chances are less mixing.

My son’s SEN school confirmed he can go in 4 days, but will be in a different class because of the amount of kids and teachers available. They had lots of outbreaks of staff pre Christmas so, oddly I know feel safer for him then I did before.

12 minutes ago, Nexus said:

My place has at least said that any teachers who are supervising kids in school don't have to also do live lessons - we're going to be setting our tasks/worksheets for the kids to get on with.

It's certainly a crash course in planning and adapting. 

Do you use Seesaw? The teachers for my two set the work the night before and it's there for them in the morning. 

Got to say, pretty impressed with the system the first time round. 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Do you use Seesaw? The teachers for my two set the work the night before and it's there for them in the morning. 

Got to say, pretty impressed with the system the first time round. 

No we use Google Classroom, but can do the same thing. I tend to set my whole day's lessons first thing in the morning so as the kids can have a look at any sheets before the lesson. 

I'll probably record the PPT/voiceover for any days I'm in school because it's going to be easier than answering a billion questions through comments. 

18 minutes ago, Nexus said:

because it's going to be easier than answering a billion questions through comments. 

Can imagine. My 7yo was sending her teacher 20x dog emojis every time she submitted a bit of work first time around.

Then she got bolshy and started asking where her platinum postcard was as she'd got 20 golds. I had to rein her in a bit!

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Thought this may be some help to any of you parents

If the BBC are real men they'll put on Look and Read for that true Off School Sick in 1993 feel.

Dark Towers please.

Edited by PowerButchi

Took redundancy recently and though things are obviously harder financially without work, I have no serious regrets. 

Mentally I'm feeling the best I have in ages. No longer have to worry about possibly catching the virus in work and passing it onto my mother. 

Dole money is still shit though. Some things never change.

31 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Took redundancy recently and though things are obviously harder financially without work, I have no serious regrets. 

Mentally I'm feeling the best I have in ages. No longer have to worry about possibly catching the virus in work and passing it onto my mother. 

Dole money is still shit though. Some things never change.

Hopefully the government extend the extra money they agreed last April. Glad your mental health is better too  

• Paid Members

I've spent the last couple of hours either crying or being pissed off. I'm gonna live by myself until my landlord moves anyone else in, which seems Feb at the earliest now, I don't know the area which is a massive trigger, I have no work to go to as its from home, the estate I'm on is surrounded by places I've been told to avoid by people who used to live here and I just don't have a reason to get up right now as my contract doesn't start for another 2 weeks and even then I'll work from home so never meet any colleagues.

I'm gonna be broken by this lockdown. Absolutely smashed. There's nothing positive I can think of right now and its shit because I was finally so happy with everything and for the first time ever moving and stuff.