• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just been in the smaller of the two Tesco in Lincoln. Things were pretty much in stock apart from loo roll and pet food. Did see one guy at the till getting told by the checkout girl that he couldn't

I'll eventually work through all the messages but I'm safe. Thanks folks. I'm still an absolute mess but safe all the same. 

Posted Images

• Awards Moderator

Hmm. Is it cynical to think that’s not going to do much? I can very much imagine the majority of office staff at my work, for example, will ignore that and keep going in, having meetings in person and so on. With it comes the unspoken attitude that you’re in the wrong for not doing that. They treated November’s like nothing was different and I can only assume this one will be the same.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Having been in tier 4 for a bit now, its definitely not the same as the March/April lockdown. Without sounding like a nosey prick, there's a tram-stop outside our flat and there's way more people on trams than there were back then. I imagine because there's not nearly the same amount of people on furlough? I don't know the figures, but if you don't pay people to stay at home they probably won't. 

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Hmm. Is it cynical to think that’s not going to do much?

Not cynical at all.  If schools remain essentially fully open then it's going to be nothing like the lockdown in March.

• Paid Members

Yeah as someone due to start a new teaching job next week, it's strange watching and waiting to find out just what they're planning students wise as nobody is able to really advise me as they're both on Christmas leave and completely unsure themselves.

• Paid Members

Whilst I’ve always followed the general trend of preferring to the PM as Boris, the government can fuck right off with the JVT gimmick. It’s as if they need to squeeze the nickname in as much as possible.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Wideload90 said:

What a shit storm. Primaries back, Y11&13 back but no online learning for Y7-10&12? 

They've lost the fucking plot.

Y11 aren't back until 11th now. 

Not surprised by the delay. Was no way they could organise testing otherwise. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Our daughter's school sent out a letter basically saying "sorry, we don't know what the announcement means either." 

I'd imagine like us, you're having to rely on that list of boroughs going around (which include both of ours) on social media in assuming that our kids won't be back for a couple of weeks yet. Of course, it wasn't made clear by the government at all. 

FB_IMG_1609372604508.thumb.jpg.db7fe4248e1d808e1818113d6db8a08f.jpg

• Paid Members

We’re waiting on the announcement from the schools. Daughter in mainstream school will certainly be off until the 18th at least because were in a borough on the list, but my son in a SEN school were not sure about. He really needs to go in as he’s been struggling just being at home again (and was sent home twice before the Christmas break due to being in contact with positive staff) and not knowing what’s going on. The whole situation is shit. More clear as mud decisions from the government 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

We’re waiting on the announcement from the schools. Daughter in mainstream school will certainly be off until the 18th at least because were in a borough on the list, but my son in a SEN school were not sure about. He really needs to go in as he’s been struggling just being at home again (and was sent home twice before the Christmas break due to being in contact with positive staff) and not knowing what’s going on. The whole situation is shit. More clear as mud decisions from the government 

Im sure i heard him say SEN schools will open as normal. Thats said my sons school have already messaged as the teachers kids will be at home they will be short staffed.

Probably not sending my boy in as the Mrs wont be allowed back to work anytime soon

Edited by quote the raven