• Moderators
14 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Even the guy who writes Drunken Bakers tweeted me to see if I was alright.

That is amazing. Drunken Bakers is a strip that I always feel uneasy about after reading and chuckling at.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just been in the smaller of the two Tesco in Lincoln. Things were pretty much in stock apart from loo roll and pet food. Did see one guy at the till getting told by the checkout girl that he couldn't

I'll eventually work through all the messages but I'm safe. Thanks folks. I'm still an absolute mess but safe all the same. 

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, neil said:

That is amazing. Drunken Bakers is a strip that I always feel uneasy about after reading and chuckling at.

It is one of the finest literary works of the modern age for me, such pain, hatred and bitterness. Even Alan Moore loves it!

10 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I had never heard of it. Having now seen it... Fuck me that's bleak.

A lad I used to work with said me and him were the drunken bakers. We’d get pissed and be bitter and bleak about the world whilst we hated each other. I had to laugh at the comparison when one of the bakers reminds the other that his wife left him on Christmas Eve and he hasn’t seen the kid since. Although according to my mate, I was the smaller, more hate filled and nasty one of the bakers. I fucking love the Drunken Bakers. 

• Paid Members

George Bestial is so grim. 8 Ace is my favourite, but I always look forward to reading Drunken Baker's as well. Ignatius Manatee's Dixieland Jazz Band is good too. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz
  • Paid Members

I love drunken bakers, it's probably the best part of Viz, but I don't think I ever actually laugh at any strip. There are little moments of humour tucked into the background of most panels but ultimately it's black comedy. 

It's so spectacularly bleak yet somehow has an amazingly absorbing quality. It's a bit like looking into the sun. 

Edited by Tommy!
  • Paid Members

So the news is reporting a 5 day bubble extension from the 22-28th December where additional bubbles can mix but tougher tiered restrictions after the 2nd December.

As we know COVID doesn’t take any days off, does this sound sensible? Every other religious festivities have had to be done differently, couldn’t Christmas as well? I feel it’s being done to boost the twats popularity. What say you?