About a week into lockdown someone in our flats scrawled a handwritten note saying "We see you coming and going into the building, stop it! We are calling the police" and put it up in the lobby. No context, no understanding that people were allowed to leave for key worker jobs, shopping and exercise. Nothing says communal spirit like a blanket threat to dob people in. 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just been in the smaller of the two Tesco in Lincoln. Things were pretty much in stock apart from loo roll and pet food. Did see one guy at the till getting told by the checkout girl that he couldn't

People have lost any sense of good social etiquette. I nipped into my local Aldi the other day before lunch for a second bottle of whiskey and some scrote started shouting to get away from him.

Posted Images

Kids aren't thick. Few of them started talking to me in form this morning about this new "rule of six" and trying to figure it out. 

"So sir, if I'm hanging out with my friends in school and we're a group of 10 then that's OK because our whole year group is a bubble and that's 170 kids. But if I see those same friends outside school or we're walking home, it has to be in a group of six? Seems pretty stupid."

Kids dropping like flies and it's crazy how many parents are ok sending their kid into school with a bad cough when they know we're turning that kid around. Then again, a lot of the absence comments on the register or those being sent home during the day are kids complaining of stomach ache which is supposedly a symptom in children. 

Issue still remains about not being able to get a test sorted. I'm sending work home for about a dozen kids because they're isolating and can't get a test either for them or someone else at home.

I think we'll either be in a full lockdown by Christmas (with exceptions for work) or they'll waive all the restrictions. 

No way Boris wants to be known as "the Prime Minister who cancelled Christmas." Not unless hundreds of people are dying each day. 

You act like they're being unreasonable, but you're forgetting one very important concession. While you obviously can't meet six friends for a picnic, the seven of you can still go grouse hunting with up to 23 extra chums. That's our government you see, always thinking of the common man.

The rules in my borough Sandwell now are obscene, through this whole pandemic theve said outdoors is the least risk of the virus spreading . But now they are saying I can meet up in a rammed pub with 5 other people but I can’t have my parents in my garden . The rules are that ridiculous now most people won’t follow them. 

The whole test system is an absolute shambles , the only way to get on top of this virus is testing , we weren’t prepared in March and we aren’t prepared now . The fools were saying they will be testing ten million a day by Xmas now they can’t even do 200k . 

is there anything theve done right during this whole pandemic? 

• Awards Moderator

It’s sounding likely that the whole north east is heading for a local lockdown, which I hope doesn’t happen. Work is a nightmare as it is without more restrictions, I’d rather another nationwide lockdown than all the confusion and worry.

• Paid Members

There seems to be talk that the councils have requested it (for tomorrow), but nothing concrete.

If it goes ahead, are they literally going to announce it minutes before it goes ahead and expect people to comply with it?