Opting out of the EU scheme seems like unnecessarily forcing all your eggs into one basket. AstraZeneca might be into second stage testing, but they're focussed on only one vaccine out of 130, and admit that, like many vaccines, it may only immunise for up to a year. Turning away another option being developed by other parties, citing dose limits and possible distribution delays, strikes me as ego or political posturing. And this is while being eligible DESPITE being on the way out of the EU. "We can't have whatever we demand and we might need to wait while other committed countries get first dibs? FUCK YOU ALL!"

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Tenner off Nandos though!!!

If you get your macho peas and bottomless Diet Coke free would you mind forgetting the 60,000 dead?

8 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

If you get your macho peas and bottomless Diet Coke free would you mind forgetting the 60,000 dead?

There are 5 Monday’s in August so that’s a lot of discount to use. I think I can console myself in my creamy mash that 60000 died for me to get it half price. Winners and losers. 

So how bad an idea would it be to go to Paris next week?

My work are pretty determined for their staff to get it (during lockdown we were told to volunteer, or not get paid, to work in a call centre where we were put far away from the windows for no reason, were exchanging bits of paper, didn't see a cleaner, weren't given masks and there were 20 of us each day being mixed with different people). I'm currently of the opinion that it'd be better to get it in Paris than working.

So far they don't seem to have lifted the voluntary quarantine. 

Not that it's an excuse for considering it, but my mental health has been entirely fucked and I'm desperate to get away somewhere. I love Paris.

The other option is I go fossil hunting on the Jurassic Coast. 

Edited by Vamp

52 minutes ago, Vamp said:

The other option is I go fossil hunting on the Jurassic Coast. 

As someone who thinks Paris is the biggest shithole on earth, this sounds an infinitely better option.

I’d rather have a holiday in Skelmersdale than Paris, and Skem looks like Hiroshima twenty minutes after the Enola Gay did a drop-off. Do the Jurassic 5 thing.

True story. I went to Paris with my wife. We were strolling alongside the Seine and she asked me to sing a french song. So being the knowledgeable cosmopolitan chap I am, I instinctively obliged with the first traditional French tune that popped into my head.  

She thought it was lovely and asked what it was. The moment was somehow ruined when I realised it was the theme to Allo Allo. 

Needless to say, she has since divorced me. 

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

True story. I went to Paris with my wife. We were strolling alongside the Seine and she asked me to sing a french song. So being the knowledgeable cosmopolitan chap I am, I instinctively obliged with the first traditional French tune that popped into my head.  

She thought it was lovely and asked what it was. The moment was somehow ruined when I realised it was the theme to Allo Allo. 

Needless to say, she has since divorced me. 

The last time I went was New Years Eve 2007 and a group of french lads bumped into me, took my sausage baguette off me (ooooh Madame!!!), and were fiddling with it in an enclosed group. They then gave it back to me and were trying to light it. They'd put a banger in the middle and were trying to set it off in my hands.

Petite cunts.

They introduced the smoking ban that night and the next day was hilarious as the French, even more pissed off than ever, tried to come to terms with it.

8 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

The fuck is wrong with you lot. I love Paris.

You know what mate, I've had a rethink. It's not too bad.

Arsene-Wenger-Thierry-Henry-Football365.

8 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

The last time I went was New Years Eve 2007 and a group of french lads bumped into me, took my sausage baguette off me (ooooh Madame!!!), and were fiddling with it in an enclosed group. They then gave it back to me and were trying to light it. They'd put a banger in the middle and were trying to set it off in my hands.

Petite cunts.

They introduced the smoking ban that night and the next day was hilarious as the French, even more pissed off than ever, tried to come to terms with it.

Well no shit, there's your problem... Going into any major city centre on New years Eve is going to be hellish. That's not really a fair representation of Paris. And also that is way more creative bullying than you'd have got here so you have to give them some credit..

Paris is comfortably the worse major city I've been to but I did get to enjoy a man in his late teens slip in dog shit whilst running away from unsuccessful bag snatch which was great. 

1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Well no shit, there's your problem... Going into any major city centre on New years Eve is going to be hellish. That's not really a fair representation of Paris. And also that is way more creative bullying than you'd have got here so you have to give them some credit..

To be fair to them they were still saying "bon annee" as they were trying to light it. Hospitable bunch to the death.

wwf_capitalcarnage98_vince2.jpg

"You English."

Paris rules. Just stick to a good spot and haunt it, doing the wine and cheese on the street thing. Can't go wrong.