So my employer is claiming social distancing doesn't have to be adhered to if it's in 15 minute bursts.

I've looked everywhere on line to prove or disprove this claim, but can't find anything.

Anyone know where this has come from and if it's being manipulated at all?

7 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

So my employer is claiming social distancing doesn't have to be adhered to if it's in 15 minute bursts.

I've looked everywhere on line to prove or disprove this claim, but can't find anything.

Its come from your line managers hoop. Fucking nonsense. That isn't how spreading works. 

Ask them to show you that guidance. Hopefully your work has a union as I'm sure they would to see it. 

So Trump has vowed to have a vaccine and a few hundred thousand people receiving this by the end of 2020. The name of this great project? Operation Warp Speed.

You just can't make this up.

1 hour ago, Teedy Kay said:

Hang on, your employer? The old bill? That's bloody worrying if they're giving out bollocks information. 

39 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Hang on, your employer? The old bill? That's bloody worrying if they're giving out bollocks information. 

Exactly, which means is it bollocks information or is shite like this being pedalled by govt?

3 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

I know for contact tracing purposes over here, you're only considered a 'close contact' of someone diagnosed positive with the virus if you've been in close proximity (face to face, within 2m) of them for 15 minutes or more. Maybe they've heard similar and got it muddled up.

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/testing/contact-tracing.html

Edited by DCW

You'd think the Mail would be concerned about older people succumbing to the Covid-19, as it'd start reducing their readership numbers. 

13 hours ago, ElCece said:

Its come from your line managers hoop. Fucking nonsense. That isn't how spreading works. 

Ask them to show you that guidance. Hopefully your work has a union as I'm sure they would to see it. 

From the gov.uk:

Coronavirus (COVID-19): What is social distancing?

Coronaviruses can be spread when people with the virus have close, sustained contact with people who are not infected. This typically means spending more than 15 minutes within two metres of an infected person, such as talking to someone for instance.

https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2020/03/04/coronavirus-covid-19-what-is-social-distancing/

Edited by MPDTT

It says at the top of that blog that the information within it has now been superseded.  The Covid-19 Secure workplace guidance from this week is current which is mainly stay 2m apart* and look the other way.

*Where possible.