Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

3 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Sometime this week the UK will have the second highest number of COVID-19 deaths in the world.

Most people in the UK think the government is (and has been) doing a good job.

We are screwed.

We’re screwed either way. One lot think the government are doing a good job, then there’s this lot

Same boat here @scratchdj.  My 80 year old father in law takes the bus to Damas Gate to get his veg along with all the other 80 year old Lebanese in West London.

I guess when you get to that age, you either think you’re immortal or you don’t care any more.

• Paid Members

The time I most worry about is when they decide to reopen non-essential shops and I have to go back to work when I don’t feel safe to. I worry I will have to choose to either be forced back into work or lose my job.

Talk of schools going back on the first of June seems to be picking up steam. I mean I cannot imagine a faster way to reach a second peak than for schools to reopen. 

Ireland seem to have a very good plan in place, hopefully Johnson and Co have a look at it and do likewise. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Talk of schools going back on the first of June seems to be picking up steam. I mean I cannot imagine a faster way to reach a second peak than for schools to reopen. 

Ireland seem to have a very good plan in place, hopefully Johnson and Co have a look at it and do likewise. 

Will they bollocks. They'll eugenics a few more vulnerable people away, claim their calculations were wrong and do this all over again once the economy has had a little bit of a shot in the arm. 

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

claim their calculations were wrong and do this all over again

Nah. They’ll blame the dead for not following the guidelines that they laid out so very clearly.