Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Dropping VAT would be a bad idea and wouldn’t help things all that much. Businesses would need to spend an awful lot of time adjusting to a change in everything they charge for, on top of everything else they’re facing.

Interest rates are far easier to adjust and lowering VAT would only really stimulate demand whilst we’re currently looking at a supply deficient. VAT changes have to be considered a more long term measure anyway, so not really a lever that can be pulled to help things in the short term.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Tom Hanks has the coronavirus 😧

Reports say he's currently self-isolating on an island with only a volleyball for company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2020 at 5:37 AM, Uncle Zeb said:

Anyone know if 55-year-old Johnson has any pre-existing health conditions? Wondering how hard I need to be crossing my fingers here.

Obesity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

The best feature in Teams is that you can reply in the group chat with memes.

When we had our training session on it at work, it devolved into people sending each other memes and gifs within five minutes.

 

We've been using Teams for a couple of years now, as an institution, but in completely the wrong way. They're basically using it as a filing system to replace our network drive, and as a place to store info for students to replace their VLE, and it's not designed to be either of those. Seeing people using it properly now - i.e., for remote meetings and document sharing - gives me a small sense of hope that my work might actually begin to use it properly too, but I doubt it, and it would be a sad state of affairs if a global pandemic is what it took to sort out the infrastructure in this place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2020 at 5:37 AM, Uncle Zeb said:

Anyone know if 55-year-old Johnson has any pre-existing health conditions? Wondering how hard I need to be crossing my fingers here.

He is bound to be riddled with gout as well as syphillus, crabs and any other STI you can think of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Chinese doctor has been live tweeting his symptoms since being diagnosed. My youngest has been a bit fearful of the virus given playground chatter, and this has been very comforting to her. He's describing what we all know, it's a rough bit of flu with cold, cough, aches, diarrhoea etc.

 

He's on Day 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is superb stuff.

 

Although I kind of him to tweet out footage of the chestburster on Day 5. 

 

aliens GIF

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

They're basically using it as a filing system to replace our network drive, and as a place to store info for students to replace their VLE, and it's not designed to be either of those.

If they've got the academic plan turned on with assignments and data sync you could use it as a VLE/Google Classroom alternative.

I fucking love Teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ultimately, though, it relies on everyone using it consistently, and properly. It's infuriating if most people are doing neither.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Tom Hanks diagnosis has me a bit spooked, not because its Tom Hanks, but because he said "We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches", which sounds just like any of the normal colds that have been going around and around my area.

My company, in Boston USA, has us all working from home for the next couple of weeks. The thoughts starting to creep in my head are "what if I already have it?".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, neil said:

My company, in Boston USA, has us all working from home for the next couple of weeks. The thoughts starting to creep in my head are "what if I already have it?"

Don't suppose you can convince them to let you fly back to the UK for a few weeks, can you? If the shit hits the fan having access to a health care system that doesn't cost thousands of dollars would maybe be an option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, neil said:

The Tom Hanks diagnosis has me a bit spooked, not because its Tom Hanks, but because he said "We felt a bit tired, like we had colds, and some body aches", which sounds just like any of the normal colds that have been going around and around my area.

My company, in Boston USA, has us all working from home for the next couple of weeks. The thoughts starting to creep in my head are "what if I already have it?".

I've had my "cold" for 10 days now, with no sign of it getting better yet. This is the worst and longest cold I've ever had. 

There's a couple of key symptoms that I'm not showing, so I'm still convinced I've not got it. I don't have a fever and I'm not short of breath. I am absolutely exhausted though, and my head feels like it's going to explode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sneezed in Morrisons earlier and three people very quickly walked away from me. I think this could be useful. Just wait til there's a queue in Greggs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...