Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The furlough thing though is supposed to have the company pay for the remaining 20% not just not pay you at all. Are any of them doing that? Or have we taken something that worked in Norway and just made it accessible for wankers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Factotum said:

The furlough thing though is supposed to have the company pay for the remaining 20% not just not pay you at all. Are any of them doing that? Or have we taken something that worked in Norway and just made it accessible for wankers?

Some are. Mine isn't. Although I'm getting 80% of my wage to work so wouldn't be happy if other people were getting 100% not to!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

That’s a lovely thing to do. 

Yeah, but you should see the lengths he goes to when they don't do a good job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Factotum said:

The furlough thing though is supposed to have the company pay for the remaining 20% not just not pay you at all. Are any of them doing that?

Yes, but not many by the sound of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Some are. Mine isn't. Although I'm getting 80% of my wage to work so wouldn't be happy if other people were getting 100% not to!

Hang on - as I understood it they'll pay 80% if the company furlough you, which means you can't work.  If you're working you should get full pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Loki said:

Hang on - as I understood it they'll pay 80% if the company furlough you, which means you can't work.  If you're working you should get full pay.

We were all asked to take a 20% pay cut. Then they started the furloughing. It's very sly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t say it enough, unionise against this shit and make it a race to the top, not to the bottom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that means they'll be paying your wages themselves with no help from the government, so that's a different thing.  If they think they can cut pay by 20% and then get the govt to pay all that, they won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Loki said:

Well that means they'll be paying your wages themselves with no help from the government, so that's a different thing.  If they think they can cut pay by 20% and then get the govt to pay all that, they won't.

Is that right? Based on Lister's post earlier, it suggests it's gonna be based on your regular wage over 12 months. The furlough wage is capped at £2,500 per month which will cost my colleagues a few quid anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

 

Amazing how he can talk perfect sense, but still be an arsehole about it.  Love him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Fucking hell. I've never seen anything on here that needed saying less.

And that's saying something.

Christ, I thought it was a nice thing to share as well. Probably best I don't tell you what I bought for the gentleman who imports my shirts and shoes from the Orient.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

That’s a lovely thing to do. You should’ve filmed it though. 

I was considering buying the other cleaner an iPhone, and he could have filmed it. In all honesty though, the lad had mentioned that he'd bought his son the VR set and some games for the PS4 he already had, only for the fucking console to go on the blink a couple of weeks before the big day. 

I had the cash spare and thought it was a nice thing to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, David said:

Christ, I thought it was a nice thing to share as well. Probably best I don't tell you what I bought for the gentleman who imports my shirts and shoes from the Orient.

I was considering buying the other cleaner an iPhone, and he could have filmed it. In all honesty though, the lad had mentioned that he'd bought his son the VR set and some games for the PS4 he already had, only for the fucking console to go on the blink a couple of weeks before the big day. 

I had the cash spare and thought it was a nice thing to do. 

It was a nice thing to do. The way you (humble) bragged about it was fucking rank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SuperBacon said:

It was a nice thing to do. The way you (humble) bragged about it was fucking rank.

I only brought it up because I was told "to fucking tip them," as if I was some sort of miserly cunt. I'm not. I made the initial comment because I think that guys like him should be getting paid while waiting this shit out with their families, not cleaning a fucking landing floor that no one is using just now while we're all staying indoors.

Essential services we've been told. These poor cunts are being paid minimum wage by an agency to do a job that they shouldn't be leaving their houses for just now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, David said:

I only brought it up because I was told "to fucking tip them," as if I was some sort of miserly cunt. I'm not. I made the initial comment because I think that guys like him should be getting paid while waiting this shit out with their families, not cleaning a fucking landing floor that no one is using just now while we're all staying indoors.

Essential services we've been told. These poor cunts are being paid minimum wage by an agency to do a job that they shouldn't be leaving their houses for just now. 

"Fucking tip them David!"

"I do tip them"

Simple innit? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...