AEW general complaints thread

Chris B

4 hours ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Who was shamed exactly? The people in the crowd looked like they were having a fun time if you ask me. Then again I'm not really the type to take offence on someone else's behalf so I could be wrong there.

From what I remember, they were just sat there chilling. They weren’t booing, there was no reason to show them other than to point out they were fat.

Id say if it was a fat bloke stood up and booing, going along with the fun then it’s all fine. But this genuinely just did come off as uncomfortable because they weren’t engaging with the promo or adding anything to the segment 

21 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Love people people being offended on behalf of others

It’s not being offended, it’s actually considering how it might make someone feel. If they’re fine with it, great. But it still wouldn’t justify it.

If an overweight person walked into a pub, a bunch of PROPAH LADS who didn’t know him started yelling “wayyyyyyyy!!! Fatty boom boom!!” and the guy either seemed at face value to be fine with it, would that make their behaviour OK? What AEW did is like that, but on a larger scale.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

And you have to be really fat to need a larger scale. 

Don't worry, they found one who was.

No defending this stuff. Especially when just showing a section of the crowd would do the same job without picking on anyone.

But seriously - stop fucking showing the crowd full stop.

2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Cutting to the audience every 2-3 seconds during Jericho's has to go too, "look, they are singing along!", fuck off.

Their cutting away to the audience is something WWE does too often too.

Plus half the time their timing is awful and they get someone sat there doing fuck all.

Miz Girl is one of the earliest I can remember, Brock Lesnar Guy in 2012 is another. Loved how Miz Girl got included in the Wrestlemania video package for Miz, with "Hate Me Now" playing in the background.

Ever since those fans got a little notoriety for their reactions, you see people trying to ham it up to get their 5 seconds of fame. I miss the old days when particular fans were recognisable just for the outfits they'd wear, like Sign Guy, or dollar store Hulk Hogan that's been around since at least the Attitude Era, or that middle-aged couple that wear the really bright pink and green shirts.