AEW Revolution chatter *spoilers*

tiger_rick

24 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

My biggest issue with the show was Goldust sexually assaulting Swagger's wife as a babyface spot. That's a dodgy play in 2020

Yeah I was a bit surprised by that. Seemed very out of character for what Dustin is portraying these days. 

• Awards Moderator
9 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

Wrestlers putting their wrestling logo from the shiny merlin sticker books on their bodies permanently is pretty shite, regardless of where it goes. 

I remember when AJ Styles got his massive “AJ” side tattoo and everyone thought it had scuppered him ever getting to WWE because Vince wouldn’t be able to change his name if he had a big tattoo saying “AJ”. Nobody thought that tattoo was a good idea but it worked out alright. Cody’s tattoo looks bloody awful, and for me it ruins most of his aura as a whitemeat babyface because it ruins his ‘unblemished’ look, but we may yet get used to it.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

My biggest issue with the show was Goldust sexually assaulting Swagger's wife as a babyface spot. That's a dodgy play in 2020.

Yeah. If he didnt get it prior to the show, I'd have been convinced Cody got that shit tattoo so we wouldnt all be talking about Goldust/Nigel McGuinness dressed as Kane getting very 1998 with Swagger's wife.

Fantastic show, though. The tag match was exciting as hell.

• Paid Members

What a fun show.

I lost interest in AEW a couple of months ago but they did a fantastic job getting someone like me up to speed with what has been going on. It shouldn't be underestimated this sort of recap of the story telling.

With that in mind, I was quite shocked at how good Hangman was on this show. He was such a charmless character during the opening few months of the promotion, but he's very clearly improved. The whole match seemed like an effort to put the shine on him and he delivered big time. The fans seem really into his team with Omega too, so it will be a good time when he does turn.

Cody v MJF never really got going. Some nice spots, but nothing the flowed to create the sort of match I expected from Cody. Oh well.

Pac v Orange Cassidy had me grinning like a tit. Brilliantly executed match that enhanced both wrestlers.

The main event, similar to the Cody match, never seemed to get going and the finish was a bit anti climactic considering. Just annoyed the eye patch isn't sticking around; Moxley looks well cool with it.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I remember when AJ Styles got his massive “AJ” side tattoo and everyone thought it had scuppered him ever getting to WWE because Vince wouldn’t be able to change his name if he had a big tattoo saying “AJ”. Nobody thought that tattoo was a good idea but it worked out alright. Cody’s tattoo looks bloody awful, and for me it ruins most of his aura as a whitemeat babyface because it ruins his ‘unblemished’ look, but we may yet get used to it.

Lesnar's dagger tattoo got widely panned too. Can't remember the last time anyone mentioned it.

• Paid Members

Add me to the list of thinking that Tag Match was one of the greatest tags I have seen. I’ve seen the first 3 matches and Pac Vs Cassidy So far. And my only issue so far is those first 3 matches all had Canadian Destroyer spots. The agents need to make sure not all matches have the same spots. It’s Indy-riffict. That said, it’s pissing all over the most recent WWE events, and I really enjoyed the RR.

• Paid Members

didnt see it but listening to the Post Wrestling review, can anyone explain what the eye patch/reveal was all about? why would Moxley wrestle the majority of the match with the patch on if he didnt need it?

5 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

For a company who are great at doing the slow build where possible, I can’t believe they let Cody have that neck tattoo without paying his arms dues first. 

Surely Cody’s stupid neck tattoo proves I have actually been right about that the whole time. He looks a total bellend. Don’t get a massive tattoo on ya neck if you don’t have any other tattoos, it will never go well. Darby’s hand is boring and shit as well, but it’s a step up.

Really good show, enjoyed it loads with the standout proper standout matches and no dross.