AEW Revolution chatter *spoilers*

tiger_rick

15 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

That tag match was something else. I’ve never really enjoyed the Bucks but that was arguably the best tag match I’ve ever seen.

I agree. Never watched them outside AEW, or Page, so I don’t know the full history between the four of them and it didn’t matter a bit. Full of storytelling anyone could understand and the time flew by too.

The only thing I was hoping to see at the end was, instead of the lariat tease (which was still great), I wanted Page to just walk up to Omega and slap him in the face, as if to say “You should NEVER have been concerned about me.”

• Paid Members

never watched an AEW show outside of the very first one but follow it week to week through Post Wrestling and twitter etc. but after listening to the review of last nights show, as well as the past few Dynamite's i think im gonna give it a go next week, sounds like they've really found their feet.

• Paid Members

I've been thinking all week since the Tyson/Wilder fight, that after a title win wrestlers should stick a "World Champion" t-shirt on like they do in boxing. And Moxley did! Love shit like that. Anything that makes the title change a bit different and special I'm in favour of.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Good lord that tag title match was insane. Crowd lost their shit when Kenny kicked out at one and Page is a star.

Everyone involved was great.

Pac Vs. OC was even better than I could have ever hoped.

Credit to the crowd, they tried to get into the women's match but it absolutely deserved the spot it got and you have to assume that it was a just filler match to keep Rose occupied while they build Shida.

Even JR was good for most of the show and I was shocked that he didn't shit all over Cassidy. He obviously has no time for Statlander's gimmick though and I don't blame him.

Everything ranged to decent to excellent so I'm happy with my purchase.

• Paid Members

Enjoyed the show throughout, but holy shit. That tag match. So much going on, and so intense. Omega has used finishers as an emotional storyline point before, and there were two additions to it here - The Bucks used the Golden Lovers' finish on Kenny, leading to him kicking out at one, fucking furious with them (probably seeing it as mocking). Also, Page using Omega's finish is likely to be taken by Kenny as a huge mark of respect, which I'd expect to turn up again.

Tony Khan made a bit of en ego driven douchey remark when he said, in regards to allowng AEW talent to work New Japan but them not reciprocating 

“I don’t hear from them often. But if you guys are watching this, you’re welcome for all the great stuff I’ve done for you.”

I mean... yeah, seriously Tone, mate... Mox and Jericho are big enough names to go 'unless you also let me work for New Japan I'm not signing your contract'. Apart from that what's all this 'great stuff' he has done for them?!
I hope he's not getting too big of an ego about things already. 

Pretty decent show!

Loved the tag title match. Fantastic character/story work throughout. My match of the year so far.

Really enjoyed Orange Cassidy vs PAC as well, tremendous debut match for OC.

Quite enjoyed Allin vs Sammy Guevara. I don't like Allin at all. Even aside from the bumfights stuff, his character just seems like the worst e-fed shite. But he gets great reactions, and their match was action-packed. Sammy's great.

Cody vs MJF was alright, but seemed a few notches below what it should've been. 

Main event was pretty poor. I don't know if it's Jericho not being able to go anymore, or Ambrose not being much cop as a main event wrestler, but it just didn't live up to either the storyline or the closing slot on this event.

My biggest issue with the show was Goldust sexually assaulting Swagger's wife as a babyface spot. That's a dodgy play in 2020.

Edited by King Pitcos