AEW Revolution chatter *spoilers*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

That was some show. Loved it.

Great matches pretty much from top to bottom with different styles and pace  and much better separation than their early shows. They've really honed the booking of the cards from those early "get your shit in" shows.

They put heels over who need it and they paid off stuff that needed paying off. I thought the running order and results were pretty much spot on. The main event could have gone either way, as discussed plenty previously. 

Kenny and Page vs. The Bucks was tremendous. Loved all the subtleties, even post match, to keep people guessing. I probably wouldn't have made it such a kick out fest but it certainly worked for the audience. 

OC and Pac was brilliant too. My kids stopped to watch that because OC is so interesting. They were cheering him on and gutted he lost.

I skipped the women (sorry, not sorry) but otherwise, there wasn't a match I didn't enjoy. Though I was still half asleep for the opener. Hager tongueing his missus at ringside was a bit much for my stomach that early in the morning.

Commentary was good. Entrances felt seriously big time. Just s top show. 

I absolutely loved that show, it was an absolute breeze to watch. Like @tiger_rick I skipped the women’s match, though.

Match of the night had to be the tag bout, that was intense. I can’t remember the last tag match I enjoyed so much. Hangman Page is absolutely smashing it right now, and Omega/The Bucks have been brilliant throughout this entire feud. I really don’t want them to turn Page. I suspect the Bucks will take him out to ‘protect Kenny’, though.

Pac/OC was tremendous fun. I must admit, I was one of the naysayers when they signed OC but I couldn’t have been more wrong. A Pac win was the right result, but I felt genuinely deflated when OC lost. His first AEW win should be a great moment.

I can’t blame them for putting the title on Moxley, but I was hoping to see Jericho retain. It’ll be rather odd to see him without that title and I can’t say I’m not intrigued by life after Le Champion.

Hopefully the Mox win will give Dynamite a much-deserved ratings bump.

I can’t remember the last time I’ve felt invested in that many matches on a PPV - everything aside from the women’s match (largely down to Statlander and her terrible gimmick) felt must see. Well done AEW, you’ve grown into the kind of promotion I always hoped you’d be.

• Paid Members

Really good show with Hangman and Kenny vs Bucks being the match of the night. All those kickouts can be exhausting, especially when we have Cole, Ciampa and Gargano overdoing it on NXT, but I think it actually worked here. The crowd was in to every one of them. Two really good teases after. We had the potential triple super kick from The Elite and then Page teasing the buckshot lariat.

I don’t know what sucked worse, Cody’s new tattoo or that Downstait performance. If Nyla Rose vs Statlander didn’t happen, that would’ve been the worst match of the night. Just couldn’t get into it personally. 

10 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

I don’t know what sucked worse, Cody’s new tattoo or that Downstait performance. If Nyla Rose vs Statlander didn’t happen, that would’ve been the worst match of the night. Just couldn’t get into it personally. 

This might make me look like a total dunce, but fuck it...was that actually real? I couldn’t tell whether or not it was temporary (which, to be honest, I initially assumed it was)

At the start of the main event. Had it spoiled for me so can post thoughts on rest of show. again an easy watch as not everything is trying to be 5* so let’s you keep Your energy. 

swagger eating the face off his wife was nice easy heat. His reaction to seeing dustins shirt was nice as well. Nice simple inoffensive opener

Allin & Guevara will be theirs headliners in a few years. Both fantastic mid card acts

Bucks va Omega and Page was brilliant. Cracking story work through it, Page was the right guy to go over, and that tease post match got a cracking response as well. After them going too quick with MJF’s turn, glad it didn’t happen

skipped the women’s match, just have no investment In either. Nyla is a good listen on Jericho’s podcast if anyone hasnt listened, but the division needs work To being same level of care about the result the rest of the card had

didn’t care much for Cody & MJF. After all the grudge it was mostly average and didn’t feel that grudge match. Half the time, double the hate and would have matched the feud more. no need for mjf blood, And it’s taking away me caring about seeing it in the main as was more crimson mask than moxleys is. Also, that neck ink better have a thread of it’s own 😂

orange Cassidy & Pac was a really fun match. In an era where wrestlers get lambasted for doing too much, OC’s less is more stands out massively. Could have done without the run in

Main event -first point I cared was Aubreys fantastic “you’re outta here” . Jerichos set up for matches is top drawer, but in ring plodding brawls aren’t for me. Eye reveal at start of the match and something quicker would have done more for me. By the point he revealed it, was pointless and we got no shocked look from Jericho for it to matter. 

overall I liked it, probably only the tag match I’d go out my way to rewatch 

11 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

This might make me look like a total dunce, but fuck it...was that actually real? I couldn’t tell whether or not it was temporary (which, to be honest, I initially assumed it was)

It’s reeeeeal!

He had his whole body to go at, and that’s where he chose to stick that monstrosity. I didn’t think anything could be worse than what Jack Gallaghers had done to him, but there you go

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

AEW even posted about it. As someone pointed out for the photo of him teared up, he’s got the look of someone who’s definitely sure he’s made the right decision. I’ve seen better ink for the caws on a wwe game. 

• Paid Members

The Sammy Guavara/Darby Allin match and the Hangman/Omega vs the Bucks match were genuinely fantastic to watch.

But Cody Rhodes neck tattoo distacted me so much, I couldnt get into his match. Genuinely. It'd be like if Hogan came out to wrestle the Warrior and he had Horace's face tattooed on the leg he does his finish on. Its a decision so poor, I've not even seen the AEW superfans defend it.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Since Dynamite I’ve not really invested in AEW. I brought their earlier PPV’s, pre-Dynamite. But since then, for no fault of their own, haven’t bothered.

Last night I thought I’d give it another go, and I’m so glad I did. They made a fan out of me again and I’ll definitely be tuning in on Wednesdays going forward.