Bellator 241 - Pitbull vs. Carvalho (13th March)

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

B241_1920x1080_tunein.jpg?quality=0.85&w

Patricio Pitbull vs. Pedro Carvalho - Featherweight Grand Prix/Featherweight Title

Daniel Weichel vs. Emanuel Sanchez - Featherweight Grand Prix

Paul Daley vs. Sobah Homasi

Matt Mitrione vs. Ronny Markes

Anatoly Tokov vs. Fabio Aguilar

Card was originally meant to feature Barnett/Markes but that's dropped off.

this the bare bones of the thread just to get it up, i'll add some bits and pieces leading up to the event.

edit * Mitrione replaces Barnett

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I like this. Looks like one of those Bellator cards that forces me to tune in. I always try to catch the Pitbull brothers fights anyway, add in Daley and Tokov and I’ll have a bit of this. Really like that poster as well. Bet it was fatty Coker’s idea to go with the Twix wrapper colour scheme.

Tell you what though, what were they thinking trying to put Josh Barnett on a card that takes place on Friday 13th? Surely booking Jinx Josh is enough without tempting fate further. 

18 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

wonder if Bellator moves to DAZN when it launches here in May?

I wondered that. 

However, Coker specifically mentioned Bellator's ongoing deal with Sky at today's press conference. So perhaps Sky will show this weekend's event after all. 

GAD wrote this earlier:

The Telegraph has learnt that behind the scenes, the fight event could either go ahead with a skeleton staff, as a tv-only show - it is due to be broadcast on Saturday morning at 2am on Sky Sports Mix in the UK - and on streaming service DAZN in the USA. A decision on whether or not an audience will be allowed to attend, including the media gathered here, is likely to be taken Thursday evening.  

And it appears this will indeed be the case.