What's the film you know the most words to?

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Because I haven't done a film thread in at least a few days.

I think mine is probably Dirty Harry. I've probably watched Jaws and Raiders of the Lost Ark slightly more but there's something in the dialogue to it that has always stuck in my head. I'll come back to this thread in three years time though and it'll certainly be The Nice Guys.

• Paid Members

Almost certainly it's between Withnail & I and The Producers. Cliché as it is, the former is one of my favourites of all time (and like a stereotypical student I loved all the dialogue and tried to play the drinking game), whereas the latter is my dad's - my sisters and I ended up learning all the words because he'd watch it so often; he still laughs his arse off at it even now.

• Paid Members

I wish it were something more high brow but it's probably Friday. It was rinsed amongst my circle of friends when we were students & constantly referenced. I'll likely take John Witherspoon quotes to my grave. A comforting thought.

Pulp Fiction and Trainspotting come to mind instantly. Probably the latter, for its shorter length. What scripts, though. Of course you remember nearly every line. I've got a new favourite Trainspotting quote every day, I think. 

A thousand years from now there'll be no guys and no girls, just wankers. 

• Paid Members

11 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

I wish it were something more high brow but it's probably Friday. It was rinsed amongst my circle of friends when we were students & constantly referenced. I'll likely take John Witherspoon quotes to my grave. A comforting thought.

Yeah, me too. Friday always seemed to be played at any social gathering which included a TV and VHS player back then. 'Craig, everytime I come in the kitchen, you in the kitchen! ' is still a line that gets uttered between my mates when we see each other. 

Also, Cool Runnings. I can't recall how many times I watched it as a kid. And I'll still Mke a point of watching it whenever it's on TV now. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Probably Back to the Future or The Goonies. 

The Goonies would be near the top for me too. When I was 10 I rented it out every other Saturday in rotation with Predator, enjoyed it with a butty and iced finger from Greggs.

• Paid Members

Ooh, The Goonies is a good one. Even now, if there's something in the fridge I've looked forward to eating, and someone's eaten it, I'll mock-slam it with a Chunk-esque "DAMMIT". Or if someone does something very annoying but minor, I'll mimic Chunk and say "you turd".

He definitely had most of the best lines, followed by Data and Mouth.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, gmoney said:

No a film, but I used to know every syllable of the Bottom episode "Parade".  

I think I can extend that to almost all the episodes and the first Bottom Live.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I think I can extend that to almost all the episodes and the first Bottom Live.

I could probably reel off the first two Bottom Lives verbatim. I watched the fuck out of those in my early teens, as well as the episodes included on the 'Bes Of' DVD.

In terms of films, it's ones that I watched a lot as a kid. So the likes of Home Alone, Ace Ventura, The Mask, George Of The Jungle, Batman Forever. I threw on The Sandlot Kids only last weekend, as that was another childhood favourite that I hadn't watched in fifteen years, and found myself joyously quoting along with 85% of it.