Speeding fines (Death to the megathread)

Bus Surfer

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

Yeah, holding my hands up,  It was a camera van in a quiet area I know too well. But yeah, dick move. Just rushing because of a few things but that's life. Cheers yall. 

@PunkStep  Inline Skates brah. 

Fair play. You ain't making excuses. Shit happens, and we all fuck up now and then. 

Usually it's either 3 points and a £100 fine or 6 points and a £200 fine. Depending also where you were caught speeding, if it was on a dual carriageway/motorway then its likely to be £100 as the risk is less, but down a high street or somewhere like that its likely to be £200.

Also if they decide to take you to court (in which case you would probably accept taking responsibility so that you don't have to go) then they send you a form where you fill out your earnings, that's how they work out what you earn, I don't know if they throughly check this but would be silly to try pull a fast one (no pun intended).

I've been caught speeding a few times in my 17 years driving, more so in my younger days so have had different fines/points (not proud of this as my partners uncle got killed because of someone speeding, that was probably what made me grow up).

Never a speed awareness course though!

Edited by Briefcase

17 hours ago, Silky Kisser said:

Just what I need. 

I've had a letter of prosecution for doing 41mph in a 30mph zone. I have a clean license but I did do a speed awareness course about 10 years ago (setting myself up for ridicule but it was the same spot I've been caught this time) 

Will they offer me another course or am I gonna get fucked with a big fine? I've read something about 100% of a weekly wage fine. 

Any ideas. 

The letter should give you your options?  Certainly the last time I got one, it offered the driver awareness course in the letter and you just sent the application in.  I think generally you get offered the course unless you've been on it in the last 5 years.  My wife's been on it twice now!

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Loki said:

The letter should give you your options?  Certainly the last time I got one, it offered the driver awareness course in the letter and you just sent the application in.  I think generally you get offered the course unless you've been on it in the last 5 years.  My wife's been on it twice now!

No mention of the speed awareness course in the letter so I'm guessing that's not gonna be an option. Just posted off the FPN so will just have to wait and see. 

I got caught doing 79 on a dual carriageway last year and went on a speed awareness course. 

The first letter I received I just had to reply to acknowledging that it was me driving and accepting responsibility. Second letter gave me my options which were 3 points and a fine or a speed awareness course.