Pancake Day

Carbomb

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Fuck cups. Grams and millilitres only thanks. Incidentally it appears I'm out of plain flour. Strong flour should be ok, shouldn't it?

I'd say so. Just try not to work it too much. If you develop the gluten you'll have chewy pancakes. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Imagine being labelled middle class by Loki!

I know. Seriously; I have no comeback for that.... Speechless.

I had just enough plain flour in the end. So nice normal pancakes were enjoyed by all, with Nutella and strawberries. And then my daughter threw up everywhere because apparently she's allergic to hazelnuts it seems.

Pancake day! 🎉

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

We went for cheese and ham and creamy leeks as fillings for savoury pancakes for dinner, and then ice cream and maple syrup with some more pancakes for dessert.

Now I feel like I need a sleep. 

Edited by mim731

4 hours ago, Rey_Piste said:

I might make some savoury pancakes for my dinner actually.I just sort of make quesadillas using pancakes with ham, mushrooms, jalapenos and fried onions.

Turns out I didn't have a lot of cheese left, but did have half a dozen eggs that needed to be used up. So I made a sort of huevos rancheros with pancakes instead. https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/easy-huevos-rancheros 

Had my fill last night, drenched in maple, nutella and streaky bacon as always. Got a mild panic afterwards when I realised I'd essentially consumed half a jar of the nutella, and went on a legit sugar craze like that Lust for Life scene in the Simpsons.