UFC 249: Ferguson vs Gaethje - May 9 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On Monday, the UFC boss confirmed to Kevin Iole of Yahoo Sports that he has determined where the contest will be held, however, outside of confirming it would be a closed-door event, played coy.

“I do (know where it is),” White said on Instagram Live. “But I’m not ready to tell you yet. I know lots of things. … There’s not going to be any fans there. It’s going to be a closed event.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/03/dana-white-says-he-has-location-for-ufc-249-confirms-closed-door-event

I still say this isn't happening. 

• Paid Members
On 3/20/2020 at 5:43 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah that type of talk is shite. I’ve always said the ‘Michael Johnson rocked Khabib’ thing was a load of bollocks. That got way more attention than it warranted and I think that was mostly because of Rogan’s overreaction to it.

And the round Khabib lost against McGregor wasn’t exactly something to worry about if you’re a Khabib fan. I thought that looked more like him taking his foot off the gas after dishing out a thrashing to Conor the previous round. He was never once in trouble in that round. 

It's definitely mostly Rogan this Khabib having some sort of rubbish chin/stand up talk. No better example than the Raging Al fight, where the fight was essentially Khabib boxing the face off Al, only for Rogan to shout "OOOWWWW" when Al eventually landed a single blow that Khabib ate. He's so invested in that narrative he finds it nearly impossible to call a Khabib fight outside that story in his head.

This fight, though. If the current situation around the world wasn't so dire, you'd find a lot more humour in the fact this pandemic happened in the build up to the contest. It's truly cursed.

It's weird, and maybe this is Dana's past antics coming back to bite him on the arse, but there's a distinct feeling I get from MMA journalists that they actually don't want Dana to be successful in making this event happen.

The payoff of being able to say "Hah! See!?! You couldn't do it, you bald prick!!" is worth more than being given an event to cover, thus keeping them in work.