UFC 249: Ferguson vs Gaethje - May 9 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

You'd think he was going up against a guy with no grappling knowledge but Rosa is a black belt in his own right.

Same here, I thought we were looking at a black belt vs a blue belt. I was shocked when they said Rosa was a black belt. The constant transition from arm triangle to twister was amazing.

• Paid Members

Bryce Mitchell very nearly pulled it off in back-to-back fights as well. 

1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

Someone mentioned on the Luke Thomas live chat they should do Mitchell vs. Ryan Hall or Brian Ortega next. Count in for either of those!

Throw Kron Gracie in there as well. Fuck me, yeah they’re all the same weight aren’t they? Just have a Fatal 4 Way elimination submission match and see who comes out with their limbs. 

• Paid Members

It’s a waste of time though. For some of them, I think he could take a machete and dice their fucking grandparents up in front of them and they’d go ‘yeah but to be fair, what did they say to him? We don’t know the full story.’ It’s the weirdest shit ever.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

It’s a waste of time though. For some of them, I think he could take a machete and dice their fucking grandparents up in front of them and they’d go ‘yeah but to be fair, what did they say to him? We don’t know the full story.’ It’s the weirdest shit ever. 

You are right Wand. It's a couple of knobbers at work in particular I'm thinking of who at best are casual fans.

• Paid Members

Yeah saw that. Might’ve actually seemed genuine if he hadn’t already been a cunt earlier on when the news first broke. Makes me laugh though, everyone fawning over how classy he is, how this is the ‘real Conor’ and how he’s such a swell guy for putting the grudge aside at a time like this. So we’ll just ignore the 1427 tweets where he’s being a fucking bellend then. 

• Paid Members

Its crazy how fighters (or anyone famous really) have the ability to control the narrative of things with social media. You never quite know what to believe and how serious the actual person is but it must be insane to be sat there with a phone and know that a 240 character message that takes you a 30 seconds to write is gonna get the world talking.

• Paid Members

It’s not really a narrative though or not knowing what to believe. He IS a fucking arsehole. It’s not something that’s being lost in translation or misinterpreted. When someone’s old man is in a coma and your first response is to make it about yourself and try to score points by calling the guy a coward for not fighting, you’re a massive piece of shit. Same when he tweeted that 9/11 picture to Gaethje the other day. Limited characters or not, people don’t come off as a cunt this often unless they are one. But because he’s donated PPE to hospitals he can’t possibly be a prick in other ways. When he posted that second ‘classy’ tweet his fans and MMA media were all over it retweeting it and saying that was the ‘real Conor’, even though there’s a lot more evidence out there to suggest the ‘real Conor’ is a scumbag. Everyone seems to have swept the little matter of unsolved rape under the carpet as well when they’re heaping praise on him. I get he hasn’t been found guilty of that but you’d think people would tone down their arselicking of someone under that type of investigation. But nah. He sends gloves and masks to hospitals (and then keeps tweeting and retweeting about it just so everyone knows what a good man he is) so he can’t have done bad things.

Not having a pop at you Ebb but I’m sick of everyone tiptoeing around the twat and excusing his behaviour that other fighters would get crucified for if they did the same. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

It's been fairly obvious Conor and his team have been working really hard to get him some good PR ever since the New York Times basically called him a rapey dickhead. Any good deed he does gets posted on his social media. Maybe his intentions are pure altruism, but realistically it's all just one big show to protect him and his 'brand'.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

I think the latest outburst the other night where he sent that series of tweets having a pop at everyone was quite telling. I think it really bothers him when a big event goes on like 249 and it’s had nothing to do with him. His ego can’t take it. The event was great, the fights delivered and there was genuine buzz coming out of it. People were talking about it all weekend then Monday night he throws his little tantrum on Twitter. People can say ‘it’s to keep his name out there, bro’ but his name is already out there all the fucking time. You can’t have a fight, in any division, without the likes of Helwani or Sonnen somehow shifting the conversation to McGregor. He fucking hates that the UFC, and the Lightweight division in particular, can cope just fine without him. Just like he hated it during that year or so after the Khabib loss where he sat at home seething on fight nights, watching things move on without him and he’d just tweet shite and then go on the sniff for days. 

No coincidence he also tweeted this the other day;

1947-E639-3345-4801-BADB-A72-B7964-B5-D5

Gaethje and Ferguson just went to war and now Khabib vs Gaethje is the fight everyone’s talking about. McGregor’s getting left out and he can’t handle it. It’s hilarious that he’s begging for the Gaethje fight now. When Gaethje was calling him out for months, McGregor could’ve fought him in January but chose Cerrone instead, the easier option who Gaethje had just stopped in a round.

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Not having a pop at you Ebb but I’m sick of everyone tiptoeing around the twat and excusing his behaviour that other fighters would get crucified for if they did the same. 

I didn't mean Conor specifically, i meant in general. You just have the power to stir the pot at any time you like just because you have a phone in your possession, its a crazy thing.